A Night In - Kaminari Denki x Gen. Reader

Kaminari Denki x Gen. Reader

Gender neutral reader, they/them pronouns. Tried to make sure I didn't mention anything specific about appearance (like skin blushing or height differences, let me know if I messed up somewhere).

Contains: movie night, mentions of physical contact (specifically cuddling and hugging--in the scenario Kaminari lays on top of you), terms of endearment (both for and from you), mentions of eating food (the food isn't specified so it can be whatever you want), definitely some OOC-ness (sorry lol, I've never written for Kaminari before), not proofread!

Let me know if there's anything I need to add! I want you guys to feel safe.

Movie nights = cuddles (provided you're okay with the physical contact)Kaminari is a pretty affectionate person, so he'll take any time he can get to either cling to you or let you cling to him.Movies nights are special though because they let him peer (up/down/across) at you and take in your features without you noticing.He loooves seeing your eyes widen in surprise or droop with the day's exhaustion. He thinks it's so cute to watch you try to contain your reactions or try your best to stay awake.If you're okay with it, he'll rub your back and shoulders while you lay on/besides him. He knows that it can be stressful at work or at college (or whatever you may do), so if he can help release any tension, he'll do his best to gently massage it out.If he's the one laying on/besides you, he likes to place one of your hands on top of his head. He loves it when you run your fingers through his hair. It'll make him melt into you with a long sigh.Sometimes, you two won't even pay attention to the movie playing. Instead, you'll just take the time to talk about each other's day.His hero work can often keep him away from you, especially if he's involved with any long-term missions, so him being able to feel you pressed into his side as you recount how one person did this and this person did that―it's one of his favorite things to do with you.

"I'm hooome!"

You toss your keys into the basket by the door and kick off your shoes, making sure not to fall over as you do so.

"You're hooome!" Denki comes out of their shared room, almost stumbling. There's a grin on his face, a slight flush to his cheeks, and his hair drips on to the small towel wrapped around his neck. He quickly brings you into his arms, his face nuzzling into your neck.

You chuckle, feeling the dampness of his hair against your cheek. You tug the towel up and go about drying his hair, fluffing it in the process. You then press a kiss to the side of his head before mumbling, "You're gonna catch a cold, sparky."

"You'll just have to take care of me if I do." Denki pulls back, making you drop the towel, and he rubs your cheek with his thumb, his eyes narrowing playfully.

"Hmmm..." You hum and pat his shoulder, stepping around him. "I'm not sure about that."

"Man, I can't even get my own partner to take care of me?" Denki dramatically groans, placing a hand over his heart. He leans back but you can still see the pout on his lips. "So mean!"

You smirk, a hand going to your waist as you tilt your head. "And what are you gonna do about that, Mr. Hero?"

"First..." Denki suddenly wraps his arms around you, spinning with the momentum. "I capture you!"

You can't help but grin as you hear your love giggle, both of you rocking back and forth in the embrace. Your cheeks feel warm, your heart full. Denki presses his forehead against yours, bringing your face closer. You take in his yellow eyes, the bright irises holding mirth. You feel a hand at your waist pull you forward and you place your own hands on Denki's shoulders.

"Theeen, I win my villain over with the power of my love."

You chuckle, moving to lay your head on Denki's shoulder. You feel him press a kiss against your cheek, then another one. You press your lips against his neck in turn and pull away.

"Okay, okay, Mr. Hero. You win. Now, let me go take a quick shower and then we can find something to eat." You pat his shoulder and head into your bedroom.

Denki calls out, his voice getting a little softer as he seemingly walks off. "What movie are we feelin' tonight? I got dinner covered."

"That's a good idea." You pause on your task of pulling out a shirt from the closet, your eyes looking up in thought. "Surprise me! Something light-hearted though!"

"Gotcha, gotcha!"

By the time you get out of the shower, Denki has warmed up the takeout he had ordered a couple hours before and has pulled up one of your favorite movies, one you haven't watched in a while. You swiftly take your place beside Denki, who hands you your plate. You lean in and press a kiss to his cheek, mumbling, "Thanks, babe."

Denki hums and smiles, already chewing on a bite of his own food. You chuckle at his puffed cheeks and gently poke the same one you kissed. Denki swallows and captures your hand, pulling it towards him a little. He intertwines your fingers, and you raise an eyebrow.

"How am I supposed to eat now? That's my most dominant hand."

Denki raises his chin, shutting his eyes. "Should've thought of that before you poked me, hon." He opens one eye, smirking while his fingers tap on the back of your own. "I miiight let you go if you give me another kiss."

You hum, moving closer while ensuring your plate doesn't fall. You press your lips against his cheek again and you move to his forehead, then the other cheek. The skin under your lips feels warm and you can tell he's a little flustered. You quickly take the chance to pull your hand away. Victorious, you go back to your food and grin.

"Ready to start the movie?" You ask before shoving your forkful into your mouth.

Denki chuckles, shaking his head. "Yeah, yeah, you win. I'll start it."

Twenty minutes in, you're mostly, if not completely, done with eating. You let out a yawn, rolling your shoulders back. You lean back into the couch, your legs stretched out in front of you and your eyes on the T.V. You feel Denki place his head on your shoulder and you give an inquiring hum.

"...Can I lay on you?"

You yawn again before nodding. "Yeah, sure. Just let me lay down first."

You shift to where you're laying on the couch and Denki carefully crawls to where he can lay his head on your chest, his hair tickling your chin a little. You place your hand on top of his head, threading your fingers through his hair. He lets out a long sigh, almost burying his cheek into your chest more.

He mumbles, "I looove when you do that. Feels nice."

Too tired to speak, you simply press your lips to the top of his head before returning to the movie.

"I also really love you."

You chuckle, smiling.

"I love you too."

3.2 pages · 1,162 words

June 15, 2023

Requested by: KaeTheAxolotl on Quotev

I'm not really happy with this tbh, but I tried lol. Some parts might be awkward, sorry 😅 Fsr, it was a little weird to write overall, probably because I've never written for Kaminari before. However, you don't get better unless you practice so here's a start.

I'm also sorry that it took a while for me to get this done. I only got the typical excuses, school, lack of motivation, and plus some college stuff. I actually graduated high school recently, so I was doing a lot of end of the year stuff.

I actually was gonna do both Kaminari and Sero but I just couldn't bring myself to. Maybe in the future!

Hopefully this is still enjoyable. My requests are still open, so feel free to ask! Thank you for reading :)