alcohol swabs - Shigaraki Tomura x Reader

Reversed comfort

Shigaraki Tomura x Gen. Reader

Third Person

Gender neutral reader, they/them pronouns. Tried to make sure I didn't mention anything specific about appearance (like skin blushing or height differences, let me know if I messed up somewhere).

Contains: swearing, Tomura's bad habit of scratching his neck, Tomura's aggressiveness and general distrust really, slight spoilers about Stain and the nomu attacks, slight spoilers of Kurogiri's fate after the Kamino Incident, probably some OOC-ness (sorry lol), not proofread!

Let me know if there's anything I need to add! I want you guys to feel safe.

(Name) jumps at the sound of a door upstairs being slammed shut, shoulders tense. They sigh, leaning further into the bar. They trace their drinking glass with a careful finger.

"He's still pissed off?"

Kurogiri looks up from the random glass he's wiping down. He nods, his yellow eyes meeting (Name)'s.

"The Hero Killer's arrest taking all the media's attention has left him quite upset."

(Name) chuckles, "Upset is putting it mildly. He's piiissed."

They swivel their chair a bit, taking a long sip of their drink. The flavor makes them smile. They hum before finishing it off, tilting their head back. They let out another sigh and pushes their cup closer to Kurogiri.

"Put it on my tab, yeah?" They turn the chair and slip off of it, feet hitting the ground. They walk over to the door that leads upstairs. Even though they don't look back, they could swear they hear a soft scoff come from the misty man. It makes them grin in amusement.

They jog up the stairs, the old wood creaking under their weight. They reach the top and make their way into the short hallway. They stop in front of the closest door on the left. They can hear Tomura's angry rambling through the abused piece of hinged wood. They knock on the door, only slightly a bit hesitant.

"Heeey..." They try to keep their tone light. "How ya' doin'?"

There's a bang on the door, making (Name) jump back with a small yelp. With wide eyes, they quickly come to the realization that Tomura must've thrown something at the door.

They blow out their cheeks, pouting. "That's rude."

"Fuck! Off!"

They sigh a little dramatically and place their hands on their waist. "Look! Can I just come in? I get you're mad―dontcha wanna at least talk about it?"

There's another bang against the door.

"Okay, okay." (Name) nods, crossing their arms in front of their chest. "Don't wanna talk, got it. Uuuh, how about listening? 'Cause I'm not going unless you get Kurogiri to throw me out."

There's a loud groan―it's almost a scream, really.

"Heard ya' loud and clear. Gonna ignore it though." (Name) takes a seat on the floor, their back against the wall and their legs spread out. They don't wanna lean against the door in case Tomura throws something else. "I know you're pretty pissed about Stain and stuff―which, kinda fair. Especially since he didn't wanna play nice before. But that doesn't mean no one paid attention! You messed up a good part of the city with the nomus, which is hard to ignore."

(Name) rubs the back of their head, eyes looking off to the side at a crack in the wall. "The media's a parasite anyway. Who gives a damn about what they think? Fact is, there are people who will have a hard time forgetting about the attack, trauma and all that. So it's not like it's completely unnoticed. I mean, yeah. It wasn't what you wanted and it doesn't do much in the bigger picture of your plan, or whatever―"