And they were roomates (daveys POV)

Jack led Davey through the halls.
"So Davey, what brings ya here?" Jack asked
"Work mostly" Davey responded " my dad busted up his leg, and I heard that this place offers some pretty decent jobs to teens"
"Pretty decent" Jack scoffed "so long as yous don't mind getting your ass kicked by Snyder, and working 'bout 60 hours a week plus rehearsals" Davey could feel the blood draining out of his face "60 hours?" Davey gulped.
" well," Jack replied, " that depends on what yous is working for"
  "I'm working to support me and my family"
      " well in that case, be prepared to work yous ass off."
       They finally arrived at their dorm. 
Davey looked at the beat up door. The rotten wood and peeled paint held a sign that read D-214.
        "S-so this is our dorm?" Davey stuttered
          " yep!" Jack responded " I'll help yous get all set up." Jack opened the door with some difficulty and revealed the room him and Davey would be living in until summer. "Home sweet home Davey."
  "No kidding" Davey snorted. The room was incredibly small with two small cots pushed up against one wall, a small desk, and a dresser was pushed up against another. "Is it just me and you in here?" Davey asked, " I thought there was another boy with us."
     " oh there is" Jack replied "he's in class right now. His names is Crutchie."
        "But there's only two beds?"
"Yep"
Davey wasn't exactly sure why that bothered him so much. He'd spent plenty of nights in places like this, and he shared a bed with his little brother. He didn't know why, but the thought of sharing a bed with the older boy sent shivers down his spine.
" so Davey, what year is you in?"
" I'm in 10th grade. What grade are you in?"
" I'm in 11th. Listen, 10th grade is rough, and look out for that miss Hannah Byer, she's a real sweetheart."
"O-ok" Davey wasn't exactly sure what to do with this information.
" what brings you here to the school?"
"Well, besides work, I'm here for theater."
" Ah, sos you a theater kid?"
" yeah, I do mostly musicals, but I do well in any type of theater setting."

While they finished getting Daveys meager belongings put in place, Davey got to learn more about Jack. For instance, he learned that Jack was here for art, but also did theater. He was head of the fundraising program that kept the school afloat. Davey wasn't quite sure why his heart did a flip when Jack mentioned that he was single, but by the time that Davey had fully moved in, Davey had decided that him and Jack would be great friends.