Love at first fight (Races POV)

⚠️⛔️Trigger warning!! Mentions of Bl0*d and abuse/fighting⛔️⚠️

Race was lying in the bed that him and Spot were going to share for the next two weeks. He'd finished selling all of his papes, and was scrolling through TikTok.
He heard the door creak open. Race looked up. Spot was standing in the doorway haggard-looking. He had dirt smudged over one side of his face, and blood was crusted on a cut on his cheek, and under his nose. He wobbled in the doorway before stumbling in, and collapsing on the bed, on top of Race.
Race noticed that Spots arms were covered in bruises.
"What happened to you?" Race asked gently trying to get the other boy to sit up.
" One of them Delancy brothers tried to pick on one of mys younger kids. They called for backup and soaked me real good." Spot groaned . " you should see 'em though. They got me, but I soaked 'em right back."
"Alright," Race said, examining Spots' wounds " let's get yous all cleaned up."
"No!" Spot yelped " I'm fine, I'm fine. Everything will be good in a few days."
"No, everything will not be fine in a few days, you need to at least get washed up." Race said sternly.
Race tried to brush some of the dirt from Spots' shoulder, but Spot smacked his hand.
"I'm fine," Spot gritted out. " it's just a few bumps and bruises."
Race rolled his eyes and got up.
"H-hey!" Spot called after him " where is yous goin?"
"I'm going to get you a washcloth and some bandages." Race replied.
"I'll come with you," Spot said with a wince, " besides, yous don't know where that stuff even is."
Spot looked like he was about to pass out. Aside from the blood and dirt, it looked like Spot hadn't slept for days. Race knew that if Spot tried to get up, he would probably feint. Well, he thought to himself I can't exactly stop him, and besides, it'll be funny to watch.
"Ok," Race relented "show me."
Spot got up and walked to the door, limping the whole way. He led Race down the hall and to a room that said "medical" on the door.
"Here she is" Spot said, gesturing at the door. Race ran in and grabbed some gauze, bandaids, alcohol wipes, and a washcloth from the room. At a second glance, he saw a cup and a sink. He filled the cup with warm water and grabbed that too. They turned around and started walking to their dorm.
"Hey Spot?"
"Yeah?"
"I want to help you. Ok? Please let me do that for you."
Spot said nothing at first, the replied with a soft
"Ok"
Race didn't know where all of this tenderness and patience for Spot came from. If anything, he should've been the one to beat him up, after all, Spot started the fight the had when they first met, and had physically threatened Race. And pinned him against a wall.
They got to the dorm, and just as Race had expected, Spot passed out on the bed when they arrived. And just as Rave had expected, it was very funny to watch.
Race woke him up by gently shaking him. Spot slowly regained consciousness and shook his head.
"Did I pass out?"
"Yeah"
Spot frowned " thems must've gotten me worse than I thought"
"That's what I've been trying to say!"
Spot glared at him. "Just put the damn bandaids on."
"Close your eyes" Race instructed. Spot closed his eyes and let Race get to work. He started by wiping off the dirt and crusted blood on his face. He continued down Spot's arms and hands. Then, he went and put bandages on all of the open wounds. There were so many, by the time that they had finished, it was dark out.
"Do you think you can get dressed for bed on your own?" Race asked
Spot shook his head.
" ok,I'll help"
"I don't need no help, I'm fine" Spot grumbled
"Oh, says the guy who just passed out, and who's wounds I just spent the last two hour's cleaning?"
Race smirked.
Spot let out a sigh "fine."
"Ok, let's stand up" Race guided Spot into a standing position. "Lift your arms up."
Spot out his arms over his head and Race took his shirt off a carefully as possible. Both Race and Spot winced at the bruises on Spots chest and back.
"Ok, now pants."
Race unbuckled the other boy's pants and started easing them off. Once Spot was fully undressed, Race grabbed a shirt and a pair of PJ pants from the dresser.
Race helped Spot get his clothes on, then got ready for bed himself.
They both clambered onto the bed. Race closed his eyes and tried to go to sleep. It was hard with Spot clinging to his waist and burying his head into Races shoulder. Race rolled over, and pulled the covers up, so he and Spot were cocooned in warmth. Race stared to drift off, when he heard a small voice say,
"Thank you."

" you're welcome"