Chapter 6- Dealbreaker

(Sorry this took so damn long. I was hyper fixated on another show tehes)

I groaned, everything hurt. I swear I felt the brain damage setting in. I slowly opened my eyes to see.. a cave? It was blazing hot, like I was being sat right above a volcano. The realization finally set in. It WAS lava. I was being tied down with a rope. It was tight, and I could hardly breathe, half due to the sheer panic and half due to the rope. I looked around, trying to take everything in. I was sitting on the dusty rock floor, just above flowing lava. I was being held out on a ledge.

I wanted to cry. I wanted my parents. I wanted my friends. I wanted to go home. Suddenly Piroska appeared in front of me! She stared at me for a good minute. "So, your a mortal?" She spoke up. I nodded. She hated humans so much she'd kidnap them and keep them over lava? "What do you know about a girl named Dixie Grim.?" I was so confused. "I.. I don't know her that well," I shook my head "she's just some girl in my school!" What the hell did Dixie do to piss this girl off so bad?

"You know what I'll cut you a deal." I gulped. I don't think I wanted to hear it. I stayed quiet anyway. "You bring Dixie here, and I won't kill you and your entire family!" She said with a grin. Charming.. I thought about it for a moment. Then I stopped. Why do I have to think about it? Sure my family's a little janky, but I still love them! I don't even know Dixie. I don't know what she did but it's really not my problem.

I quickly nodded. Anything to get out of here. She quickly dropped down to untie me, and I thought now was the perfect time to ask the question. "So.. Who's Nebulosa?" She raised an eyebrow then smiled ear-2-ear. "Who's Nebulosa? Only the most powerful, amazing, evil goddess of all time!" She rambled to me. I kinda just stared at her.. Nebulosa doesn't seem that great. "Would you like to meet her?!" She grabs my hand and immediately pulls me up.

I shook my head violently. "No that's alright!" I panicked. I really didn't want to meet Nebulosa. She seemed a little taken aback. I guess she thought every random person she came across would be stoked to meet Nebulosa. She awkwardly let go of my hand. "I'll find Dixie. . Can I go now?" She sighed and pointed to the caves exit. I quickly ran out of there. Piroska's an interesting character.. I walked until my feet hurt. I had no idea how long I was out. I didn't even know where I was.

I slumped down near a tree. I couldn't help it, I just started crying. Tears flowing down my cheeks, I couldn't see anything anymore. I sobbed into my knees. I hated being alone. I never wanted to be dragged into this. I think I've said that 100 times. I just sat and kept crying. I couldn't stop. Just then I heard a familiar voice.. "Lad!" I immediately looked up.

It was Gonner! I didn't want him to see me like this. I tried to bury my head into my face. I've never felt more embarrassed.. "What be wrong? Are ye okay??" He asked me with genuine concern. "I'm fine.." I looked away and tried to wipe my eyes. I knew he could tell I was lying. He squeezed my hand. I sniffled and cleared my throat. "Uh.. It's Piroska." His eyes widened. "What about her?" He spoke softly. "She.. She took me to that cave, with the lava. She asked about Dixie and told me if I didn't bring her to them she'd do awful things!"

I felt my eyes water again and my voice broke. Gonner pulled me into a hug. I didn't want to hurt anyone, and I didn't want to be the reason people got hurt. I didn't know what Piroska or even Nebulosa was capable of. I wrapped my arms around his cold body. His hands chilled but calmed my spine. He pulled away but still held onto my hands. I felt a little better. "I don't know what to do. I don't want anyone to get hurt."

He nodded and smiled, understanding. "I won't let anything happen to ye." he reassured me "I defeated her once, I can do it again." He kept a warm smile. I took a hand away to wipe my tears, sniffling again. I felt a sense of security with Gonner. It was something I've never felt with another person.. I felt bad about feeling these things, considering he was still with Dixie. He sat down next to me, reaching a hand over to my waist, pulling me close.

I felt my face heat up, and a few butterflies materialize in my stomach. I didn't want to leave now, I felt my heart flutter.. I wanted to stay here with him forever, but I guess that wasn't possible as Isis came rushing by. "Gonner! Don't leave me like that, again!" She yelled before stopping, noticing us. As Isis looked down, Gonner took a hand off my waist. ..That was weird. I tried to not look into it. Isis looked genuinely worried "Y/N.? What happened?" She dropped to her knees, to my level.

"Piroska happened." Gonner answered for me. Isis crawled up next to me too. I was a little flustered, being squished between two people.. Isis didn't push further on the Piroska thing, but brought up something else. "Why'd you come back? I thought you were going home!" I felt my throat tighten a little. I thought it was a little embarrassing but I sucked it up. "I uh.. I wanted to make sure you guys were okay." I admitted hesitantly. They both smiled.

Isis quickly latched onto me, wrapping her arms around my stomach pulling me into a hug. I was a little freaked out but happy she liked me now? "Aww Y/N I knew I could trust you!" Isis smiled, Gonner stood and pulled me up. "Isis let em go, they still be shaken up!" He yelled at her, keeping a hand on my hip. I couldn't shake the feeling in my chest.. It was almost painful. I brushed the feeling off, though. I turned my attention to the fact we might have to get Dixie involved too, since Piroska is still on the hunt. ..Dixie.. What will I do...

(1107 words wow)