Twenty Four - Late Night Rave

A/N: Josh got his hair redyed to red in the story because he was not digging the blue as much as the red. In reality, I forgot I dyed his hair blue and the timespan just happened to be good for a redye.

AT 10/25/2003 8:18pm (Josh)

Perez sat on Josh's bed while Josh got changed in his closet. He put on some skinny jeans a Green Day shirt. He grabbed a red beanie and black fingerless gloves and put them on. Josh grabbed his red eyeshadow and started spreading it around his eyes. He brushed out his red hair into a fluffy mess. He looked at the beanie and thought for a moment. It would be a little hot down in the basement with so many people partying, so sweat would collect pretty quickly under the cloth. He set it down and looked in the mirror again. Josh felt like there was something missing. He already had a change of clothes to change into later because he was NOT sleeping in sweaty jeans for a whole night.

Then, he realized. It's a rave. I should go all out. He started grabbing tie dye arm bands and bracelets and started sliding them up his arms. He put on a couple of necklaces as well and grabbed some sunglasses. It looked kind of funky, but he knew in the UVs, he'd be glowing. It was his first actual party, so he wanted to attract some attention.

He looked in the mirror at how he looked and sighed. I guess it'll do. Josh walked out into his bedroom. "How do I look?" he asked.

Perez raised an eyebrow. "It looks good, but I know what you're missing." he said. He pulled out a couple bottles of face paint. "It's glow-in-the-dark and it will definitely bring attention to your face."

Josh shrugged. "By all means."

Perez scoffed. "Those are the shoes you're wearing? Josh. You don't wear flip-flops to one of Jon's raves. Chance's? Maybe. Jonathan Bellion? Hell, no! Go get a pair of shoes you don't mind getting painted on." he ordered with a disappointed look.

Josh groaned, went back into his closet, and dug out a pair of old tennis shoes he wore a couple years ago that still fit him. He presented them to Perez, who nodded approvingly. He pulled out a few paintbrushes out of his bag as well as some stensils and an airbrush. Josh looked at Perez in disbelief at the fact that he really brought all of this stuff.

"Perez-" Josh started.

"Relax, mi hermano, it's fine. I worked at a tattoo shop a while back. Look on the bright side, bro. At least it's an airbrush and not needles." Perez said, chuckling slightly. "Let me see your shoes."

Josh watched as Perez started painting on intricate patterns onto the shoes. He realized soon enough that Perez was going for a tie dye look on the cloth parts and darker colors on the solid parts. He finally finished up and presented the shoes to Josh. They looked really cool. Perez dug out a small UV light and shined it on the shoes. They glowed in shades of pink, light blue, dark blue, yellow, green, and purple. Perez smiled at Josh.

"Looks good, right?" Perez said confidently.

"Yeah, it looks good." Josh said with shock.

Perez grabbed the airbrush and the glow-in-the-dark paint. He filled the brush and looked at Josh. "Hold very still. We have to hurry, too. Jon texted me earlier asking how long we were gonna be. Your mom know you're going to a party?" he asked curiously.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in." Josh called.

Laura walked in. "Hey, Josh! Evening, Perez! You two getting ready for that party?"

"Yes, ma'am, we are." Perez answered.

She laughed. "I see. Well, you two have fun. Josh, if you get to drinking or smoking, I don't want you driving. Period." Laura said sternly.