Prologue

MON 8/11/2025 12:07pm

Eric looked at his fathers. He was in the process of moving out for college and they had all been talking about the past. But there was one thing that Eric had always wanted to know. He had two dads his whole life and was born out of surrogacy. It was the same for his little sister, Layla. He finished packing all of his books into the box he was currently packing and contemplated the question. One of his dads' best friends and his two oldest uncles were in the next room over helping pack a few other things for Eric when he left later that day for college. He was going overseas to Oxford University for college, which was the first time anyone in his family's history had gone outside of Ohio for college.

Eric finally spoke up. "Since we are talking about the past, how did you two meet?" he asked.

His dads looked at him. "What do you mean?" the older of the two asked. They were both born in 1985, but they were six months apart.

"You always talk about the good ol' days with Ryan and Patrick. But I've never heard anything about how you fell in love." Eric explained, leaning against the wall.

His uncle walked in. "Yeah, tell Eric about how y'all met." he teased.

Eric's dads looked at each other and sighed. "Well, if you really want to know..." the younger of his dads explained.

"I wouldn't be asking if I didn't." he pointed out.

The younger of his dads took in a deep breath. "Well, it started in our senior year of high school, back in August of 2003..."

A/N: I wrote this like halfway into the writing of this and it will show in later notes that I plan for this to be a trilogy. The series will come full circle back to this scene. But for now, allow me to transport you from 2025 all the way back to 2003. Hope you enjoy this story.