Fifty Three - Trouble In Paradise

WED 2/11/2004 1:04pm (Tyler)

They walked along the halls of the museum, listening as the tour guide talked about each exhibit. There was even a bicycle that had been salvaged from the wreckage of Hiroshima after the atomic bomb had exploded. It was twisted and a lot of it looked like the metal had started to melt from it. The tires were also gone completely. It was said that it had been about five hundred meters from the epicenter of the blast. Then, they came up on the pictures of the "shadows" and the effects of the radiation afterwards. It was a little creepy. People were burnt due to the light of the blast alone. Others had their clothes burned into their skin.

"Jeez, I thought this was supposed to be fun." Brendon remarked.

"Same here." Pete chimed in.

Ryan raised his eyebrows. "She said it was a field trip. She never said ALL of it would be fun." he pointed out.

"Yeah, but field trip implies fun." Brendon argued.

Ryan chuckled. "Whatever floats your boat, babe."

Tyler was really too zoned out to care that much about what was going on. He was thinking about what he planned to do tonight after today's activities, which hopefully involved Jenna. They had planned to go out on a date tonight at a romantic restaurant with a soothing atmosphere Jenna had found a blocks away from the hotel. He wondered how she managed to find it, but she said her, Stephanie, Hayden, and Debby were all carpooling together, looking through the city. Again, she sounded unsure and Hayden was with her, but he figured it was nothing since Stephanie and Debby were also there.

A few minutes of absent-mindedly following everyone else around passed when he finally came to with Josh snapping his fingers in front of Tyler's face. "Tyler? Hey, Tyler!" Josh said.

"Huh?" Tyler said. "What do you want?"

"You're staring into space and you're giving everything this bored ass look." Josh replied sternly.

Yeah, because I totally need your enlightening opinions. Tyler thought to himself. "Sure, yeah, whatever." he grumbled.

Josh sighed impatiently. "Shit's not all that boring, Tyler. You're just too absorbed in your little bubble to realize that." he pointed out rather bluntly.

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Okay." he simply responded before spotting Jenna and walking up to her with a new smile. "Hey, Jenna."

"Hey, Tyler." she smiled back, showing all of her pearly, white teeth. Tyler brushed a piece of hair out of her face.

He tucked her hair behind her ears and held her hand as they continued walking forward. She was so perfect and flawless in his eyes. Tyler couldn't find a single wrong in her. Her blonde hair was like a bright, golden-white waterfall flowing down her head and her eyes stared a cold blue back at him. He just wanted to be with her forever and he wanted her to be the one he started a family with. Jenna was just so perfect and beautiful.

However, his thoughts turned wistful. "We don't hang out that much anymore. We haven't had any time alone." Tyler sighed, looking at her.

"I know, I know," she replied apologetically. "I just have so much going on right now."

How are you always this busy? I'm on the basketball team and I'm not even this busy. Tyler thought to himself.

Jenna, Debby, and Marissa all used to hang out and sit with the guys last year. But Jenna started hanging around the cheerleaders, who were about as toxic and annoying as they come. She left Debby and Marissa at the table confused oftentimes, but they also followed her after a while because they had no other choice. Debby and Jenna fit in with the cheerleaders quite well, but Marissa was more nerdy and had an actual personality. The cheerleaders seemed to hate her for it, too.