Nine

When I said Part II for Dan's pov. I never said this chapter 🌚

Mile walked into his company, his mother had prevented him from going to work, but his worries were consuming him while resting. He grew restless as hours and minutes passed by. It's only been a day since his episode. He rested enough for just a day. He was fully glad that Apo had insisted on taking care of him. They knew Nalin's health started to worsen due to his old age. Mile was grateful for the younger worry, he had begged for him to rest another day, until he fully recovered from his cold, but he could not let time stretch any longer. The anxiety of leaving his work unintended had eaten him inside out. On top of all, he was scared of his own situation, he could not monitor his behaviour during Kinn's fronting. He could not get the footage from CCTV unless he had his phone on his hands, unfortunately it was left behind by the other man.

He walked with a straight back and controlled breathing despite the dreadful fear. Some employees who walk past him, immediately wai in respect. As soon as the elevator stops on his floor, Mile eye's only focus on his office door at the end of the hallway. His secretary stands up abruptly as she sees her boss walking straight into the door of his office, "Sir—," she called, catching his long strides.

She was cut off, Mile waving his hand, dismissing the young secretary. He walked confidently into his dark oak door, pressed his thumb on the high security door, it clicked open.

One step across the door, his step halted, his view was greeted by a man sitting on the chair in front of his desk. His broad shoulder and perfectly style hair was visible from the back. He wear black suit, the air around him was intimidating. His ear perked up as he heard the door open.

"I'm sorry sir. Mr. Brian insisted on waiting inside," Mile frowned at his assistant. She looks apologetic. Other than his mother and Apo, she is the only person outside of his circle who had the pass into his room. 

"And you let him in?," he asked, the tone starting to harden. It is out of ordinary, an incompetence act to let someone close to a stranger into his office, which is full of important documents. "We need to talk after meetings ," he said, closing the door on her face. He could feel a sensation of anxiety drumming through his skin.

He heard Brian chuckled, "Don't worry. I'm not touching anything, Khun Phakphum," Brian turned, hands hover on the side of his head, empty of anything. He looked at Mile's confident strut. Brian smirk formed, watched his every move like a hawk.

"What do you want?"he asked, truly hating the fact that Brian could smile freely as if not knowing he had crossed the line as a business partner. "We had a meeting in an hour. I don't think it was necessary to meet before that. You knew it could make people talk," he said,while his hand reached for the lowest drawer. To check whether it is locked. He silently sighs in relief. With the key in hand, he unlocked it. It soothes his heart, knowing his important document and pen drive was locked inside, securely.

As soon as it unlocked, he reached for the cold black pen drive, held it gently, "—I heard you rejected my sister at a fancy restaurant," he heard Brian say. Mile rolled his eyes, he sat straight and met Brian's blue eyes. It was intimidating, too clear to see the shrinking and enlarging of the pupils.

Mile took a deep breath, annoyed, jaw tight, "Anita was the one who took it too far. She deserves it," he casually said. Both siblings have given him headaches, in the working hour and out of it.

He could see Brian's eyes twitching. His lips smirk, "She is a bit childish. Forgive her. I don't want any of this affecting our bond in business," he said, flowing freely.

"I don't think it will affect anything. If your company still gives benefits to mine, then it's fine. I'm professional," Mile said, he let himself loose. Brian looks less intimidating. He smiles, dimples showing, it looks identical to Apo's boyfriend. If Dan is not 100% Thai, he would consider their relations.