wounds

Chuuya sighed.

<another one? seriously?>

He stared at the poppies that sprouted from his wrists, a deadpan expression plastered on his face.

"Morning, Naka- WHOA"

Chuuya quickly rolled down his sleeves and ran.

-t/s bc i currently can't find a good way to transition povs-

ding-dong-bing-bong

Dazai quickly took off his headphones, wincing at the pain in his wrists.

<this new doorbell freaks me out sometimes>

He quickly hopped off the couch and hopped over to the door, the beat of "Double Suicide" still playing in his head.

Dazai reached for the doorknob, noticing the blood seeping through the bandages on his wrists.

<i have got to change those after this>

The door suddenly swung open, hitting the suicidal manic right in the face, dust billowing up from some unseen source.

The person who opened the door stood over Dazai.

"Are you wearing platforms?"

"...Yes."

The dust cleared, revealing a disgruntled Chuuya Nakahara.

"Anyways, care to explain this?!"

Chuuya brandished his wrists at Dazai.

Dazai noticed flowers growing from the platform-wearing man's forehead.

"No. You aren't telling me-"

"Yes, you mummified mackerel. It appears we are soulmates."

Chuuya made no effort to hide the disgust punctuating the last word.

Dazai flinched.

"Am I really so appalling that you would rather die than be my soulmate? Maybe we could commit a double suicide!"

Dazai would find the look of shock that crossed Chuuya's face humorous if he wasn't genuinely hurt by his words.

"Hiding behind humor? Again?"

A wide grin spread across Dazai's face, reminding the reader of the time he ate the forbidden mushroom.

Chuuya stepped back in shock, falling backwards when his ankle twisted painfully.

"DAMNIT!"

The smile disappeared from Dazai's face, replaced by a look of horror when Chuuya's clothes ruffled, revealing flowers upon flowers.

The dull pain started to become unbearable upon seeing the garden growing on his soulmates flesh.

<i- did this?>

An odd sensation spread across Dazai's back.

A sensation of pure agony.

Almost like someone was sowing his flesh, but with razors instead of a rake.

Chuuya stood up, shocked when he saw his soulmate hunched over in pain.

"What are you even doing?"

Dazai had to bite back a witty retort.

"Just- help."

"How about no."

And the soulmates were back to their usual bickering, the red thread growing stronger and stronger with every spoken word.

———
Extra since some of y'all wanted me to continue this:
Atsushi, trying to get to the café, peeked around the corner.

He did not expect to see Dazai strolling away with a certain ginger.

And he most certainly did not expect to see them holding hands.

The most odd thing was seeing the two stop at a crosswalk, continue arguing (quite loudly), and start kissing.

<interesting>, he thought, looking at the foxglove blooming from the place where he had injured Akutagawa.

<how very interesting indeed>
——
w/c: 505 [arctic monkeys starts playing loudly in background]

Hope you enjoyed!

Until next time.

—Nyx
<I will promote the SSKK agenda and you will not stop me>