strange arrival

Noises are all he could hear. So many voices all at once. It felt like spinning faster than the light. Being lifted up like a feather and then, noises. When he opened his eyes, he could see the sun ready to set. It must be mid-afternoon. Will Herondale was on the ground, unconscious for the angel knows how long. He stood up and looked around, still dizzy in the head.  All around were roads, so broad than any he had seen in London. Motorcars looked very different and more advanced than the ones he had seen. People chattering and walking around him, few gave him an odd peculiar look like he was from another world, and he returned that look. People in this city wore peculiar clothes. Men wore very loose yet odd fittings which Will thought was fashionable whereas women wore more comfortable clothing as well, but they were very scandalous Will had to avert his eyes when a young lady walked passed him in very short trousers and a top that looked like an undergarment. How odd, Will thought.

He had no idea where he is or how exactly he got there. All he could remember was going on a mission with the Lightwoods and a few others. He walked around to see if he could spot a familiar place or maybe a face. Yet no luck was there. Having no clue found, he strolled around the city, he walked through the buzz of the city, alongside the pavements of the roads. It has been so long since he got here, yet he had no idea where he is or how to head back. He had tried calling his loved ones names or asking a few bypassing strangers if they knew anyone of those names. No one seem to know him or anyone he knew of. Tired and confused, Will had no idea where to go or what to do. He saw an old man, in old gray clothes, drinking tea outside a shop. It was evening and the rush of people had been increasing.

"Hello,  I'm sorry to bother you. But do you know what this... rather odd...place might be?"

The old man looked at Will the same way every bypasser did, with great interest and amusement.

"What this place is? Lost are you?" The old man asked and took another sip of his tea. "This. Is the land of freedom they call. America! And to be exact, you are in New York City" The old man clinked the cup on the table after finishing it. "Well I hope you find your way home, son, and I would wear something quite less eye-catching if I were you. " He gave a pat on Will's shoulder and left with his noisy walking stick. Will looked at himself and saw himself wearing his gear, but he couldn't imagine why it might be odd even to a mundane. He had met mundanes in his gear before, but none of them took any special notice.

New York, Will thought. What is he doing here? Or why is he here? How did he get here? Will had so many unanswered questions but he knew only one person who could answer. He knew nothing much of the new world, or anyone who lived. Anyone yet one.

Magnus.