Lightwood- Bane family

Will opened his eyes to the sun pouring through the soft white curtains like filtered gold syrup. He had forgotten to close the outer curtains, or more specifically he didn't know how to unleash them from the handcuffs. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around until the memory of what happened yesterday hit him. He felt a pang of panic but before he could think any further he was taken aback by the two small blue eyes peeping at him through the half-opened door.

The owner of the blue eyes was a child, a warlock child, Will realized. He had dark blue skin and two small horns still budding on his head. He was staring at Will in a wild concentration like trying to undo a puzzle.

"Who- you're a warlock." Will finally said, helplessly. 

The warlock child slowly came inside and stared at Will with his tilted small head. "Daddy?"

Will helplessly blinked at the child, who looked about five years old. 

"I- I'm not your father" Will tried to recall Magnus mentioning anything about a warlock child but couldn't remember any. Maybe Magnus decided to aid this child, Will thought.

The child looked confused at Will, turned back, and ran outside the room with his small stubby legs. Will smiled to himself, got up, and headed to the kitchen where he heard Magnus's voice. 

"- Now go on and eat your breakfast. Both of you. Or else I am turning you into rats and feeding you to chairman meow" Magnus was making breakfast, what looked like toast and eggs. There were two other people in the kitchen, one, the blue warlock child, who was now staring at his toast in disgust, and another child, who appeared around seven years old, was tearing his toast into tiny pieces.

"William, good morning I see you have slept quite well," Magnus said, without turning around from the kitchen counter.  "Do you want some toast? Or I can make you some old English breakfast? Either way, we don't skip breakfast in this household" He said with a warning glance at the kids. "And this, kids, is your Uncle Will. He will be staying with us for a day or two. And Will, this is Max," Magnus said, pointing at the warlock child, "and Rafe." and that was the human child; a werewolf or mundane, Will couldn't see.

"Oh Hello! I- yes. I slept well, Magnus.  And yes, I doubt I would really appreciate something to eat." Will heard his own stomach growl very loudly that even the warlock child stared at him. The older child, who had brown skin and watchful eyes, looked at him with interest, but it took him just seconds to lose interest in Will and turn back to ruthlessly tear his toast.

Will sat opposite the kids and started munching on the food, which was unexpectedly good. 
The eggs and bacon and bread with something sweet he did not know the name of. "Magnus! This is even better than Bridget's cooking! I did not have the faintest idea that warlocks could be splendid cooks!" 

Magnus smiled at that "I assure you warlocks are not at all good at cooking, or rather, they don't bother to. We can summon any food we want, but then, Alec is not happy with the idea of summoning things"

"Alec. He is the consul now, is he not? I heard he's a lightwood" Will said with a mocking undertone, which Magnus recalled was his constant dislike towards the lightwood family. Magnus did not know how to say that Magnus himself, in fact, is part of that family now.

"He is a lightwood, and the consul, yes, Will. But things have changed. It's been a long time. People change. I have changed myself" Magnus said with a sigh. " I have always thought of shadowhunters as very proud and annoying. I still do, of course. but - I have come to an understanding that some things in life happen very unexpectedly and totally blow you off your feet and sometimes, you land in a better place than you ever wished. I and I was going to tell you that Alec and I- "

"Good morning" Alec was there, in the kitchen, before anyone noticed, like a shadow or a ghost. He looked sleepy, but less tired and exhausted than the last time Will saw him.
The warlock child, Will observed, looked back and forth between Will and Alec,  clearly understanding the familiarity of the appearance, and ran into Alec's arms. "Daddy! Daddy! There's Papa has a friend he looks like daddy!" 

Alec scooped him up and buried his face in the warlock child's hair which made him giggle. "Hm...he does look like me."

"Well, at least he's eating his breakfast without giving me trouble. unlike some other people here who I might really turn into rats, or maybe...I might cancel the weekend plans we made"

That made the warlock child's face shocked in horror, as he ran back to his seat and started finishing his breakfast.

"And good morning you, feeling better?" Magnus said to Alec, who looked sleepy and somewhat uncomfortable "You should have some breakfast as well"

Alec looked at Will, who was biting the last slice of the bread with enthusiasm. 

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Oh, I feel so good! And Magnus made these ...whatever it is! They are scrumptious!"

Alec furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as if he didn't understand the meaning. "Um. okay," he said briefly before turning back to Magnus. "What are we going to do to him? I mean, this is very confusing. I have so many things to do today and now I feel like this situation will only make it worse" Alec looked worried but also concerned.

"Don't worry your head about him. I might want to do some research. I will take him with me today to get all the details from him, anything he can remember. If you can take the kids with you. Maybe Jace can keep them occupied?"

"I think he'll like that. He is not very happy about being bathed in paint yesterday"

Will finally finished his breakfast, and felt full and energized first time since he came to New York. He liked Magnus's home, it felt like a beautiful place where anyone could feel comfortable and safe. Alec, now eating his breakfast, tried to encourage the warlock child to finish his toast while the other kid was trying to chop the fruits into one pulp. Will cannot remember the last time he saw a kid, but looking after children seems very much trouble yet sweet and fulfilling. He found himself smiling at the sight of Alec trying to help the kids finish their food.
"It's very nice of you to help these kids, Alec. Did you come all the way from the institute to here? or did you lodge here for the night?" 

"I-" Alec stared at Will in surprise and looked at Magnus. "you didn't tell him?"

"Tell me what?"

At that, Magnus rolled his eyes and let out a sigh. "every time I think no more drama, drama comes to me." Magnus said to himself and turned to Will. " Will, I know things were different back at home, and downworlders were treated differently than shadowhunters. But things changed over the years, or more precisely, during the past 2 years. I don't know How you will take this, but Alec lives here. With me."

There was silence, and even the kids stopped making noise. Will stared at Magnus and then at Alec, who had now paused eating his toast. "Oh. you do? that's so kind of you Magnus! You let these people lodge at your house! it's very nice of you. I always knew you are the most helpful-"

"What he meant was that we're married," said Alec, cutting in "Magnus and I. and these are our kids."