The truth⁰.⁹

TW: MENTIONS OF ABUSE, SWEARING, SMOKING

"WHO THE FUCK NEEDS THIS much homework? This is ridiculous! And why are the damn things so small?" Atticus mumbled, struggling to  read through the equations that did not seem to make any sense to him

"WHO THE FUCK NEEDS THIS much homework? This is ridiculous! And why are the damn things so small?" Atticus mumbled, struggling to  read through the equations that did not seem to make any sense to him. Who adds letters with numbers? It's stupid.

"Language." Jasper warned, keeping eyes on the boy.

"Sorry.." He apologised, feeling a blush rise up his neck. Not like you could see it, the bruises had now fully formed and they were black and purple and his nose looked definitely broken.

"Now. Back to this morning. What the hell happened to your face?" Ruth demanded from beside him who looked angry to say the least.

The clan looked at him waiting for an answer as he was trying to figure out something to say.

"And before you even lie we know when you're lying and we want the truth. Now."

Atticus' mind was running a mile a minute but it seemed to just go blank. "Just..Just don't bring it u-up, it's not that serious, okay?" He tried moving on but Ruth grabbed his arm and brought him away towards the toilets.

"R-Ruth! You aren't allowed in here!" He tried pulling his arm back but Ruth seemed to not listen and went to the door and locked it.

"Ruth..what are you doing?" Fear bloomed in his chest. Ruth didn't seem to notice as she started walking towards him with a fierce look in her eyes.

She caged him into the corner to be blinded by pure rage to see him trembling with tears in his eyes. "Your face looks like it's been hit by a battering ram, you flinch at everything and every time you lean on something or even fucking sit down you seem like you're in pain. Tell me what the fuck is happening!" She yelled.