Ep 1: Let's Begin

The city of New York, a place meant to be a beacon of hope in a world full of chaos. At least, that was what it was advertised as. The truth was that it was safe. It was as safe as it could be under the neon lights and the bright blue sky. The efforts of Oscorp had made it the most self substaning city in the world. Homelessness was at an all time low and scientific achievements were at an all time high.

But not all was perfect in this city of wonder. Especially not this day.

The day that a trail of smoke followed a suit of metal as it flew into the sky. The monitors beeped frantically and the suit had begun to implode on the man trapped inside. His vitals were growing weaker until a long beep echoed in the room where his team watched his untimely death.

Vitals zero: Brain death.

SP//dr still intact.

No one knew what had gone wrong. No one understood why the suit had suddenly malfunctioned and killed it's pilot. But one thing was for certain.

They needed a new pilot.

That was why this child was sitting here. The room was white and protected by special panels to prevent any technology from working inside. It was why such an old camera was set up to film the whole ordeal. The child herself sat there with a blank expression. She had been picked up by two people in lab coats. She knew them from pictures.

Across from her stood these two people. A woman and a man. Both were quiet, trying to think of what they wanted to say.

The woman spoke first.

Woman: Peni, I'm your aunt May and this is your uncle Ben. You're going to be living with us from now on.

Ben: We know you never knew him, but you understand, who your father was.

May: And what happened to him.

Peni Parker sat there. She had heard a lot of stories about him, but never really saw him. She was placed to live in the academy. It had been arranged for as long as she could remember.

Peni: My father was part of SP//dr. My father is dead.

The adults shared a look before Ben fixed his glasses.

Ben: Yes. Yes he is.

May: And Peni, while this may seem sudden and hard to process, you're the only one who can replace him in the project. It's a matter of genetics, dear. Compatibility.

Peni leaned down, resting her chin on her arm. She had heard stories of this too. Whispers from the teachers when they thought no one was around. They were Oscorp employees too, after all.

Peni: They told me it's going to hurt, if SP//dr accepts me.

Ben: It is unpleasant.

May: He's already been released in the room. He would have found you by now.

Peni sat up with a shocked expression. Her eyes began to dart around the room to try and find the spider that was supposedly near her. Where was he? Was he going to bite her? Accept her? Her breathing suddenly sounded louder. Her heart began to race.

And then, she felt a surge through her body. The blood in her veins grew boiling hot as the spider sunk it's fangs into her skin.

This was where it all began.

S
P
/
/
e
r

Present Day...

Screams echoed through the air as a large sphere floated through the city. Engraved in front of this sphere was a diamond shaped eye while smaller spheres floated around and sprayed the surrounding areas with green, odorless gas.