𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 2

It was verily dark outside, the sky had thick grey clouds, and no moon in sight. It was slightly windy and gloomy, walking on the sidewalk with dim streetlights that helped a bit with vision, though something was terribly off. Well besides the fact that I just left the house when my dad asked me not to, I wanted to see what happened, I can't seem to believe the fact that someone I once sat with and chatted with for years was horribly murdered.

After I called Mia, she told me about the incident and I just... I couldn't believe that our friend Lindsey was murdered. How on earth did that even happen, our town is considered safe and peaceful. However, what just occurred changed my mind. Lindsey lives in our neighborhood a few blocks away, if I could just have a little peek...

Stopping in my tracks, I see it now, there it is, the crime scene. Walking a few steps to the front pulling my cardigan closer to my skin I almost choked at the sight. The grass of the front yard was shiny, covered with vermilion liquid. The once pearly white fence was now splattered with thick droplets of carmine blood. No splattered isn't enough, this place was completely soaked in blood, I got closer to the house, the familiar metallic scent hitting my nostrils. Crime scene stickers surrounded the house, though no sign of police, they must've left with the corpse, but the huge dark red spot in the middle of the front yard made me speculate where it happened.

"Interesting..." said someone behind me with a husky tone.

I turned around to find a tall man with jet-black messy hair, light stubble, intimidating green eyes, and sharp thick eyebrows.

"Now," he sighed walking closer, hands stuffed in his brown coat. "Did you know her?"

I shuffled my cardigan closer to my frame "We went to school together; we were friends but not the closest." I shrugged looking away not wanting to meet his accusing gaze.

I could see him from the corner of my eye nod, "Sorry for your loss" he muttered.

I turned to him and smiled lightly because I didn't know what to say. He just glanced at me eyebrows furrowed "You shouldn't be here, it's dangerous."

I fixated my eyes on the crime scene, "why do you care."

A low chuckle escaped him "I'm telling you this as a lead detective, of an unsolved murder."

My body froze instantly, "but you don't look..." he interrupted my words "That's the whole point." he gave me a grin.

"But you look young for this job" I was honestly curious.

He smiled "Actually I'm twenty-eight."

"That's still way too young" I exclaimed surprised.

A hand went through his hair "I'll take that as a compliment."

I rolled my eyes, "what happened anyway" I gestured to the blood pool.

His expression turned dark and serious "Her body was heavily beaten, and her face disfigured" I winced at every word, and he then looked straight into my eyes "She was disemboweled, and some organs are missing" I covered my mouth in pure shock, this explains the excessive amount of blood. A little wave of nausea hit me, "that's barbaric."

"Indeed." he checked his watch.

"So did you find out who did this?" I inquired, a soft before-sunrise breeze hitting my exposed legs and my face making my hair dance.