1

present time

it's cold in the therapist office. an uncomfortable cold, like how it feels at the doctors office. i can feel the heat radiating off of harry but, his warmth does nothing for me anymore.

i don't think the sun will ever shine again as i look out the window seeing the rain.

"are you actually going to talk today?" he grumbles next to me, angrily almost.

the audacity, as if i'm the reason we're here.

"fuck off." i say back to him turning to look out the window and not at him. if it were up to me, i'd never look at him again. i fucking hate him with everything inside of me.

"why are we even doing this anymore caroline?" he states. i look at him, through a glare of hatred and anger.

"because you slept with another girl harry that's why we're fucking here if it weren't for you-" i'm cut off by the door opening softly and kate walks in. she's our marriage counselor/therapist, whatever you wanna call it. we've been seeing her for a month now.

"morning mr and mrs styles" she says and i glare at her too.

this has been a waste of my time. he was a waste of my fucking time. but i can still hear it and see it. it's far away, so far away. almost like another lifetime ago, but it's there- the way i used to laugh with him. the way he'd come home after a show and fall into bed next to me. TO ME. the way it should have been.

but he threw it all away. and the best part is, he's not even the one who told me.

"let's start with you harry" she smiles and he nods and crosses his hands between his legs and listened to her.

"have you forgiven him yet? niall?" she asks and his cheeks turn a red color.

"for destroying my marriage?" he asks her sarcastically and i roll my eyes.

"he didn't destroy our marriage, you did." i say to him and he sighs leaning back and kate sends a look my way and i go back to looking out the window. he starts talking again but i don't listen. i just watch the rain fall.

how did we get here.

how the fuck did we get here?