3

5 1/2 years ago

I'm following behind niall who's quickly walking the streets towards the pub. i'm giggling to myself as he's hurrying me along, but also trying to avoid the paparazzi. his hood is up covering his blonde hair and my arm loops with his as we quickly walk inside.

"i'm so excited for you to meet them!" he says and i laugh and agree with him, "me too!". which is true, but i'm also incredibly nervous. what do you even say to one super start let alone 5. guess i have to figure it out quickly as niall walks up to their table and cheerfully says, "hiya mates!" he says leaning down and smacking one on the back of the head.

"ouch!" he says and niall laughs, "sorry payno". and he sits down next to him and i say beside him, "everyone this is caroline my best friend from home" he introduces me and i smile waving around to all the new faces looking at me.

"hi babe!" one gleams and has a cigarette in his hand, i almost go 'is that allowed?' but i realize who i'm talking to, "i'm louis" he says and smiles and goes back to smoking his cigarette and throwing his drink back.

i smile and another voice starts talking, it's slow and monotoned but his face says other wise, "hello, i'm harry" he says with a bright smile.

liam and zayn wave and introduce themselves then go back to having a conversation about something completely different.

niall's laugh at something louis says causes a few looks from around the pub, something i'm used to. but i can tell the way harry shifts uncomfortably in his seat, it's something he hasn't adjusted to quite yet.

"you get used to it" i say to him and shrug. i lift my beer up to my lips and he laughs, running his hands through his hair.

"it's not him, it's the looks. i mean i know everyone in here doesn't necessarily care who we are- it's a fucking hole in the wall in ireland." he says and i laugh. i look up and around at the 4 walls of the small pub that niall and i have been coming to for a while, and harry continues "but erm i just don't enjoy attention a whole lot." he says and my eyes widen.

"you got in the wrong career mate." i say to him and he lifts his beer up and drinks half of it.

"it's not really the job, i love being up on stage. but outside of that it's..." he drifts off and looks over at the guys who had gotten up to go play pool, the way i didn't realize niall left my side makes me have a uncomfortable feeling in my chest. "..overwhelmingly" he says and shakes his head.

"yeah couldn't imagine, being niall's best friend and all i get a few fans of yours come up and stuff but no, nothing like what you deal with" i say and he looks away from them and towards me.

"but there's gotta be a reason you were chosen to be in the band, all of you right?" i say / ask him.

he smiles. and a dimple makes a home on his cheek.

"yeah. gotta be a reason." he says and niall yells for us to come over and do shots.

2 months ago

my feet are taking me somewhere without my head even comprehending what i was doing. i was walking, walking, and then i was running.

it was pouring rain and all i could hear was him screaming my name, in a beg, in between his sobs.

running. running. where the fuck am i running to. and then my knuckles are pounding on the door and i can't hear anything over my heart pounding in my chest. i think i'm going to have a heart attack.

"caroline" a soft voice says, the door opened and i didn't realize it.

"he .. i don't.. he ch-cheated on me" is all i can get out before i collapse in niall's arms. and cry. and scream. and i can't even hear a fucking word he's saying. i can't see pass the tears falling out of my eyes. i'm shaking from the cold and the rain and the feeling of i'm going to fucking die right here on niall's porch and it's all his fault.