𝐈

✩ ════════ ✩

✰ 𝐗𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐕𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐍 ✰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺

✰ 𝐗𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐕𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐍 ✰
𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺

feel free to point out any mistakes
✩ ════════ ✩

     HER EYES WERE LOW AND red, she held a blunt in one hand and a cup in the other. A gentle smile crossed her lips as she hit the blunt then took a sip from the double-stacked cup of purple liquid. She began to feel calm as her body started to unwind and she became enveloped by the effects of the drugs.

     She gulped down the rest of the liquid, her hand falling limp as the cup fell to the ground. She closed her eyes, rolling her head softly as she got comfortable on the couch.

     She relished the sensation, wholeheartedly loving it. The cravings within her were now fulfilled as the drugs coursing through her system induced a euphoric state, and oh, how she adored it.

     Although her mind was clouding as the drugs took over, she was still conscious enough to know what was happening in her surroundings.

     "Police! Open up!" She heard, fear shooting through her body as she shot to her feet, dizziness overcoming her.

     She took a moment to stand still before weaving through bodies, making her way to the back door as a loud boom sounded, signaling the entrance of the police officers. She stumbled out the door, vision a little blurry as she ran two houses down, being stopped by a tall figure she had bumped into.

     "Shawty, is you good?" A masculine, bored voice asked. She looked up, wondering why he grabbed her when she had only hit the right side of his body in her run from the cops.

     "Mhm," She nodded, gently pulling herself out of his grasp and continuing on her way. However, as she moved forward, her wandering attention led to her tripping over an unnoticed brick, rudely interrupting her escape as a wave of embarrassment washed over her.

     She groaned, feeling hands on her once again, "You need some help?" She ignored him once again, trying to walk on her own, but she was intoxicated and it had to be obvious.

     A pain shot through her and she looked down, seeing a gash on her arm. It stung.

     "C'mere. Nobody finna hurt you." Sober her would have fought, but if she was sober she wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. She let the male guide her inside the house and into a bathroom as voices drifted through the house.

     She looked up, eyes weak as she met his. She looked over him, finally getting a good look at him.

     His warm, amber complexion complimented his deep, mocha brown eyes and his light brown dreads, two hanging loose in his face while the rest were put in a messy bun on top of his head. He had a hard look on his face, eyes rolling over her as he got some cotton pads and alcohol, cleaning up the cut on her arm.

     She sucked her teeth, hissing a little in pain. Her hands start shaking slightly as he finished, putting a large band-aid over the gash. He walked out the bathroom, staring at her for a moment before walking off. She followed behind him, not exactly sure where he was going. Her eyes started to water a little, a burning sensation following.

     She stumbled into a dimly lit room, the atmosphere heavy with the scent of incense and the distant beat of music. The boy motioned for her to sit on a worn-out couch, and she complied, sinking into the cushions as her mind continued to swim in a haze.

     He returned with a glass of water, offering it to her. "Drink this. It's gon help," he said, his voice carrying a hint of concern. She took the glass with shaky hands, the cool water providing a good refreshment.

     As she sipped the water, he settled in a chair across from her. "You need to stay low for a bit," he advised, glancing towards the door as distant sounds of commotion echoed through the house. "They won't stay long and they not gon find you here."

     She simply nodded, "You got weed?" He eyed her, chuckling softly, "Not for you."

     She hummed softly, scoffing a little as she sipped on the water and started to get up, stumbling a little as she moved too fast and got dizzy.

     "Sit yo li' ass down, the cops still out there and you're an intoxicated minor." She looked back at him, giving him a dirty look as she started walking around the house, reaching the room where the voices were coming from. Smoke clouded the room as music played somewhat loudly, all of the voices clashing together.

     She walked over to a girl with the blunt, "Can I hit it?"

     The girl with the blunt turned towards Xemena, her eyes squinting as she evaluated the stranger. "You look like you need it more than I do," she replied with a smirk, passing the blunt to Xemena.

     As Xemena took a drag, the room seemed to spin around her. The music thumped, and the smoke created a surreal ambiance. She found a vacant spot on a beanbag and sank into it, the intoxication from earlier merging with the new wave of relaxation.

     A familiar voice cut through the haze, "Xemena?" It was Andrea, her only friend. She appeared from the midst of the smoke, her eyes widening at the sight of Xemena.

     "Girl, what happened to you?" Andrea asked, concern etched on her face.

     Xemena chuckled, the edges of her reality blurring. "Ran into some trouble, stumbled upon... him." She gestured vaguely in his direction.

     Andrea sighed, exchanging a knowing look with the boy. "That's my brother, Draco."

     He looked up, looking at Xemena with a disapproving glance before getting on his phone.

     Xemena took another drag from the blunt, leaning back into the beanbag. "Well, at least this shit led me to a place with decent company." She eyed the boy with a playful grin.

     He shook his head, a mix of disappointment and amusement. "Just make sure you good, a'igh?"

     She hummed in response, passing the blunt after another hit. She felt safe in the presence of her friend and took the chance to relax as Andrea sat next to her. Not long after, she fell asleep on her friend.

✩ ════════ ✩

Word Count: 1051

First chapter.

How do we feel?

𝙰𝙼𝙾𝚄𝚁𝟺𝙰𝚁𝙸𝙰

All Rights Reserved.