Chapter 10: New Kids On The Block

At about 7 that morning, while Mary and I were asleep in the 7/11 parking lot, Sydney showed up in her ugly gray Celica. She pulled up beside the Impala, and knocked on the window. I, halfway asleep, sprang to action, pulling my newly bought handgun from my glovebox and pointing it right at her.
"STOP!" She screamed. "IT'S SYDNEY, YOUR SISTER, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!"
"You shouldn't have knocked on the window then." I said, rolling the window down.
"Well, how else was I supposed to wake you up?" She said, red as a beet from having a gun aimed at her.
"Well, as a matter of fact, you didn't even have to wake us up, because I would have got up in a minute or two," I said, with sarcasm rich in my voice.
"No you wouldn't have, you sleep like a rock."
"Well maybe I was awake when you knocked."
"Why were your eyes closed then?"
"I WAS RESTING THEM. I'M A CONVICT NOW, YOU KNOW?"
"True, I'll give you that one."
I saw something rustle in the passenger seat.
"Scott, can I just ask what the heck is going on?"
"Oh, hey Mary! Sydney just showed up."
"Why is your gun on the dashboard?"
"Long story."
It really wasn't that long of a story, it was just really, really complicated, just like everything leading up to that moment had been.
"Well," I grunted, annoyed by the two clueless women I was surrounded by, "I think the next thing we should do is get fake IDs."
"And get some breakfast. God, am I hungry!" Muttered Mary, her stomach growling.