THIRTY

__________________________

The members of Felicity finished wrapping up after the haldi ceremony by 5pm. Danish had to pick Nayab up at 6:30(her lecture extended), but before that, he needed to rush back to the guest house, take a quick shower to get rid of all the sweat and change into something nice.

He was about to leave the venue when one of his managers, Rob, came rushing to him. "Dan, the lead dancer for tomorrow's performance has fallen ill."

"What?" Tomorrow was the sangeet night.

"Yes, the dance company called just now. She won't be able to perform."

Danish took a deep breath and patiently thought about what their next step should be. "The background dancers..pick the best one and make her the lead."

"We'll have to call the entire team, have them perform and find out the best." Rob said.

Danish checked his watch. He needed to leave if he wanted to make it on time to pick Nayab up. "Call the dance company and ask them to get the entire team ready by 8. I will meet you there directly."

"We can just go right now." Rob suggested.

"Yeah, but I have some work right now. Schedule it at 8, please." Danish said and rushed out to his car.

In moments like these, he missed his assistant, Catherine, so much. In the past three years, she had gotten married to her long-time boyfriend, Duke. And was currently back in London, enjoying her maternity leave as she had given birth to her first child.

The guest house was just a ten minute drive from the venue. He took the quickest shower he could. The time was 5:30. He didn't have a lot of time to find a perfect outfit, but he also wanted to look super attractive as his girl had quoted. So he pulled out a pair of black jeans and a plain white shirt. Effortless and sexy. His hair was messy because he didn't get the time to set it. But it worked in his favor because it looked good in a messy way.

The GPS showed that the drive to the hospital was an hour. He pressed his foot on the gas and prayed that he made it on time. He knew she wouldn't mind waiting a couple of minutes for him, but he also knew she was expecting him to be standing there when she and her classmates walk out and everyone can see him. And he really wanted to give her that experience.

Halfway through the drive, he received a text from her saying that her lecture might extend for another fifteen-twenty minutes. He thanked the heavens for it and drove a little faster.

At 6:40, he pressed the brakes on the porch of the hospital. A watchman came after him and said, "You can't park here."

Danish stepped out of the car. "I am not parking. I am just picking up someone, it won't take more than five minutes."

"Okay, but please move it a little aside." He insisted.

Danish slipped his wallet out of his back pocket and took out a 500 rupee note. He slyly handed it to the watchman. "Bhaiya, it'll only take five minutes. Please."

The watchman fisted the money and walked off casually.

Danish folded the sleeves of his shirt while leaning on the bonnet of the car. He waited patiently for a couple of minutes before he noticed a group of people walking out of the hospital. Most of them had a doctor's coat and stethoscope hanging in their arms. A couple of them looked at him as he was standing there, resting his body on his car, right in front of the hospital. Most of them were girls, ogling at him.

But he was too busy searching for Nayab. And he saw her, walking out. Her expressions showed how excited she was. But all that excitement wore off when their eyes met. She turned shy. His lips curved into a smile and pushed his body off the car to stand straight.

Nayab's fellow mates' steps had slowed, some even stopped to figure out who this new guy was who had parked his car right in the middle and stood with so much authority like he owned the place. She shyly walked towards him. When she was at a hand's distance, Danish forwarded his right hand to her. She could feel everyone's eyes at them. She turned red as she placed her hand in his awaiting ones.

"Do I look attractive enough?" He whispered, only for her to hear.

She nodded, still blushing. "A little too much."

He raised a brow sexily. "You wanted to show me off. Here I am!"

"Shall we?" He asked. He opened the car door for her and let her settle in the passenger seat before closing the door. He then sauntered casually, ignoring all the eyes, to his side. The car moved smoothly right out of the hospital grounds.

"Oh my God, that was so crazy!" Nayab screamed, making him laugh. "That was so much better than what I had imagined it to be."

"I am glad I could be of your service, my lady." He placed a hand over his hand.

"They are going to ask me so many questions when I go to work tomorrow." She grinned.

"So what are you going to tell them? When they ask who I was.."

She paused. "Umm, I will say that you're my.."

"I am your..?" He nudged.

"My..handsome friend." She grinned.

"Friend?" He exasperated, "Friend?"

"Why? Are you not?" She innocently asked.

He stopped the car at the red light and turned to her. "I know how your mouth exactly tastes, and I know what sounds you make when you're kissed on your neck. Do you really think I am just your friend?"

She opened her mouth and clenched her thighs at what he had bluntly said. "I..I, you.."

"Yes?"

"You..you can't..say stuff like that?" She could feel her cheeks heating.

He smirked. "Why? Does it make you.."

"Shut up, you shameless boy."

He did.

The rest of the drive was silent with her blushing throughout. He stopped the car in front of the building. She started to move out, but paused when she saw him making no move.

"You aren't coming up?" She frowned.

"No," He sighed, "I have to get back to work. Need to take care of a few things."

"But it is already 7:30. Can't it be done tomorrow?" She pouted.

"I wish, but the lead dancer for tomorrow's performance wouldn't be able to make it. So I need to sort it out asap."

"Okay, I will see you later then."

"Yes." He promised.

She stepped out with her stuff and watched him reverse the car and drive off.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

It was a small chapter but that was all I could manage today.

Life update: Feeling better and going back to hostel tonight. See you from Pune from tomorrow.