epilogue

20 years later 

Emma

I never expected to stand here and wait to get married. I always expected to be the single friend maybe because all of my friends got married by the time they reached twenty. I, on the other hand, am getting married in 25 years old, a few months before I turn 26. 6 years later from my best friends. 

Millie and Ethan got married when we were 20 years old. They have been together from when we were 17 and when Ethan asked Millie to marry her, she said yes without a doubt. I was maid of honor and I'm so happy about that. It was a dreamy wedding and it was really heartwarming to see your best friends falling in love and finally get married and deciding to stay with each other forever. 

Ethan and Millie is the reason why I met my husband, Achilles. Millie and Achilles were studying together in Yale and Millie found him the perfect match for me. I told her to not even try to set us up but she did. I was so negative at the start but when I met him, I fell in love immediately. First I looked at his smile and his eyes and I felt the calmness, then I got to know about his humor and his kindness. How could I not fall in love with him? 

We are together for 5 years. 5 long years that we had to deal with a lot of issues. One of them was the fact that everything that we did somehow made it to the news. I am not famous or a celebrity myself but my parents are and Achilles didn't know how the celebrity world works so that led us to a lot of arguments. We made it though, even though there were rumors about cheating, break ups and pregnancies throughout these past 5 years. 

My family loves him. They are saying that he is the perfect match for me. My dad and my husband are best friends, they play golf together and they even go to the same concerts without me and my mother following them. Achilles never cared that I am Harry Styles' daughter, he was more excited to meet my mother. She is the CEO of Pleasing and he was so excited to ask her how se achieved all the things she did. She made Pleasing a woman-based company and she is an activist for the Women rights in the working environment. She is fighting everyday about equality in all forms and shapes. Achilles being the amazing lawyer he is, he cares about equality so much and he and my mum started an organization a few years ago about that. 

I was thinking today that this is the best day of my life. I am getting married to the man that I love and everyone supports it. I am one of the luckiest people on earth. But then I thought about the second best day of my life. It was the day I met dad, or Harry, as I knew him that time. I loved him immediately and I knew that this man standing next to my mum is my dad. I remember the first time I called him dad and how much he cried. When I met Harry, my life became better. I felt a form of love that I had never experienced before, even though my mum tried hard to be a mother and a father to me. 

I'm so grateful to my mother. She was a single mother for the first 3, almost 4, years of my life and she did such a great job helping me grow up. She was there for me always, she taught me how to be kind, calm and real. And I will forever be thankful to her. When I become a mother, I hope that I will be half as good of a mother as she is. My siblings and I are so lucky to have her. 

The wedding reception didn't last long, even though the minutes felt like hours before it started. The officiant was one of our friends from college. He became an officiant a few years ago and we really wanted him to marry us. He was one of our best supporters when we got apart because he knew that we would always get back to each other. 

Every person that we love is here. Our parents, my siblings, our friends and a few friends of our parents. We invited all the people that were there during my upbringing. It is so refreshing to see your people being happy for you. All of my fathers co-workers are here. Uncle Mitch and Aunt Sarah are sitting two tables away from us with the members of One Direction, excluding my father who is here with me. Uncle Louis is telling them a story and all of them are laughing loudly.