Dream school ❤

The entire Raccoon City Family (Carlos, Jill, Ada, Leon, Claire and Sherry)

(Third person)

The day has come, and the sun was blazing in Sherry's eyes as she awoke from her slumber. Her eyes lazily opened as she stretched, the girl was now 18, and had been living with Claire and Jill for the past 6 years of her life. Claire and Jill tried their absolute hardest to give her a normal life, after Raccoon city, she was a completely different child and all they wanted was for her to live a somewhat normal life. Sherry was forever grateful for being taken under their wings. Sherry was an exceptional student, she worked hard to get into what she wanted to do, the girl wanted to become a Veterinarian! Everybody in Sherry's life cheered her on with this dream.

Claire and Jill had been at the Gym early in the morning, leaving Sherry alone in the house for the start of the morning. The blonde washed up and cleaned her room before going downstairs to make her own breakfast, though she thought her 'moms' would come back with some KFC. After the girl had eaten her snack and tidied the kitchen, she sat on the couch and started to watch her shows on Netflix. Though her 'chill time' as she called it, was interrupted by a ring of the doorbell. Sherry rolled her eyes and got up to answer the door, it was the mail man, "I believe this is the house of uh, Sherry Birkin? Damm, name rings a bell here in Survivor City." The mail man mocked. Ah yes, after Raccoon city, many were left without homes and were left to their own devices. A few brave souls founded this new City, called Survivor City, which was far from Raccoo city, and had all of those affected by the incident, living peacefully among each other. But, Sherry, the poor child, had to consistently be bombarded with hate speeches and nasty words being said to her because many believed it was her parents fault for all this suffering. Sherry had grown used to this, but it still stung her once and a while, it was a feeling of survivors guilt if she could put it into words. Sherry glared at the mail man, "Yeah you guessed right, now give me my mail." She demanded, the man froze before handing her the letter, Ada had taught her to be stern when someone was being nasty to her. She smiled when she saw the mail man walk away and refuse to look at the house again. The girl carefully closed the door and read the front of the envelope. It was scarlet red and from someone very important. This letter was from, Cornell, as in the university in New York City, one of Sherry's dream schools to study veterinary medicine. The girl felt like she was going to throw up, the feeling was rushing from her toes to her head, a feeling of nausea. She quickly set her envelope on the coffee table and ran to the bathroom, the anxiety and suspense had been killing her already. Calming herself down, she garbled her mouth and picked up her phone to call a few people, there were five special people that were in Sherry's life, and they all supported her throughout her journey. Ada, who was there to teach Sherry how to act smart, polite and stern when she needed to be, she was there to tell her things that the others would have a hard time explaining to her, and in a way was the aunt she always wanted. Carlos, in a way he was a uncle figure to Sherry, he was also the person who knew her for most of her life because of his job at umbrella, he was the fun uncle Sherry never had. Then there was Jill, at first Sherry was skeptical of her as she kept hogging all of Claire's attention, but the two seemed to grow closer every second they were together, Jill was Sherry's second mom, someone that Sherry would love for all eternity. Leon, he was Sherry's dad, not biologically, but emotionally, after William proved how much of a bad father he was to Sherry, Leon happily took the role of being a father figure in Sherry's life, heck the girl saved his life, he wouldn't be alive if it weren't for her. Then finally, Claire. Claire was Sherry's everything, the mother she wanted and needed. Claire saved Sherry from Raccoon City, and at the same time Sherry saved Claire from the awful moments in her life. Claire had taught the young blonde everything she knew, from music to self defense, the red head made sure to always be there for Sherry and to never leave her side for the world. The two needed each other, Claire, like Leon, was Sherry's mom, emotionally. But Claire went out of her way to even adopting Sherry as her own, so now Sherry has been known as Sherry Birkin - Redfield. Sherry dialed all their numbers, making sure they all picked up, they all agreed to meet up at Claire and Jill's home.

The five adults had arrived, sitting patiently in the lounge, waiting for Sherry to bring the letter to them. The blonde started to bite the skin on her fingers from the anticipation and anxiety building in her chest, "So Sherry? Did you open it?" Claire asked, "Of course I did Claire, I even glued the envelope back together and sealed it again... Of course I didn't open it." The blonde said, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. Jill snorted at the sudden savagery of the young girl, although, everyone knew that Sherry tended to get really riled up when she was anxious. Leon stared at crimson letter in her hand, "Hey kiddo, why don't I read it?" He said grabbing it from her hand gently, but it was quickly snatched away by Carlos, "Oop sorry Leon, guess I'm reading it now." The Brazilian man joked waving the envelope in the younger man's face, Leon groaned at him. Suddenly Carlos felt the letter slip out of his hands and land in Jill's hands, "Sorry, but I would much rather read it." She said, but no, Claire snatched it from her effectively, by pressing a quick kiss to her wife's cheek. The other woman blushed hard as the red head laughed, "I'm her legal mother so I should read it." She said, her hands felt empty, the envelope was gone, and was in the grip of Ada Wong. Lord knows how she was able to do that, but Ada had successfully take the envelope from Claire, "Everyone stop fighting, I'll read the letter. And besides Sherry's gonna burst if no one reads it." Ada explained, it was true, Sherry was close to passing out from the anxiety.

Sherry watched closely as Ada carefully opened the letter, being as delicate as she can incase she tears something important. Everyone watched in suspense, Claire had grabbed Jill's hand and began to squeeze it tightly. So many thoughts raced in Sherry's head, non of them were good either. Oh no, what if I didn't get in!? What if I failed to get into my dream school?! I know I applied to other schools but non of them are thee Cornell University! Oh no what if I didn't get into any... oh no, I'm not getting in. I worked hard for nothing... I'm a failure, to both my parents and my family, their all going to be so disappointed in me. Sherry felt tears form in the corner of her eyes, they could either turn into happy or sad tears once Ada had opened the letter. The short haired woman unfolded the letter, her face showing no reaction - exactly how she wanted to keep it - everyone now at the edge of their seats. Ada tried her hardest to fight the smile creeping onto her face, "Congratulations Sherry Birkin Redfield! You have been accepted into Cornell University!" Ada shouted, Claire screamed in joy as she ran to hug Sherry, Jill doing the same. Carlos and Leon squeezed the young adult with all their might as they hugged her. Ada on the other hand embraced the girl in a tight yet frim hug, she was happy for her, but she didn't want Sherry to get overwhelmed. The young blonde couldn't believe what she heard, did Ada just say that Cornell accepted her? That she was going to her dream school? That all her negative thoughts had evaporated from her mind? Sherry felt her tears roll down her face, this time, they were happy tears. Sherry was sobbing as she felt her happiness and relief flush her body, getting into her dream school was the best thing she could have ever asked for. Everyone awed as they comforted the young girl, all three of the girls pressing little kissed to Sherry's forehead and temples. Claire made Sherry face her, the red heads own tears falling from her face, "I'm so proud of you, we all are." She said, the young girl felt another sting in her chest and dove straight into Claire's arms, her sobbing continued. Everyone hugged the girl tightly as they whispered their excitement for her. Once everyone had calmed down, they all wiped their faces, even Ada let her mascara run, "How should we celebrate this?" Carlos pondered, "I say we do this thing that Sherry loves most." Claire suggested, the blonde smiled at her 'mother' with big eyes, "Ice cream!" She shouted, Claire pressed a kiss to her 'daughter's' forehead, "That's right, icec ream!" The rest of the day was spent at Sherry's favorite ice cream joint in Survivor City, Jerry's Ice Cream Palace, a comfort place for the young blonde. The future was looking bright for the little one, the five adults who had raised her, felt their hearts bloom as they realized how much older and more mature Sherry had gotten. But they will always be there for when she needed, always.

*This was so sweet to write help*