Dream Big Dreams

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Buster grins in excitement, talking with some of the groups as they leave.

I sigh sharply as I watch Buster, gritting my teeth. "Buster, I am going to kill--"

"Um... 'scuse me, Ms. (L/N)?" A voice interrupts, making me pause my rant and look back quickly.

Johnny stood with his hands in his jacket pockets, a small grin on his face.

"Ah, you really don't have to call me that. (Y/N) is fine," I smile back, facing him. "What's up, Johnny?"

"Oh, ah, okay... (Y/N)," he stammers lightly as he clears his throat, making me smile with some fondness at his awkward nature. "I just wanted to... Thank you. For picking me."

"Oh," I blink slowly with surprise, smiling softly. "You don't... you shouldn't thank me. I chose you because of you and your voice can do. You've got serious talent. If anything, you should... I don't know, thank yourself, maybe?"

He watches me with his own amused grin as I falter.

"... That sounded better in my head. Uhm. Okay. So, hi, I'm (Y/N), you knew that," I start over, my face feeling warm as I look down. "But don't thank me. Really." I sigh, thinking of the fake prize.

Johnny chuckles with a grin, exposing a dimple on his left cheek.

"You're funny, you know?" He softly says, making me exhale a quiet laugh.

"Well, that's one of the nicer things I've been called today," I reply with a smile, watching as Buster starts walking away, Eddie on his tail. "Oh! Ah... I'll see you tomorrow, Johnny."

"Yeah, ye-yeah," he stammers while nodding rapidly, "looking forward to it."

"Me too," I smile at him before focusing on Buster. I scream lightly as loud music plays, and the same girls start singing from behind me.

Johnny lightly laughs as I sigh, "Ms. Crawly!"

She quickly rushes over with a broom, shooing the girls away as they giggle.

"Come on! That's enough now, come on. Off the stage, please!" Ms. Crawly shoos.

I smile in exasperation at Johnny, who smiles in amusement back before my eyes flicker to Eddie and Buster going backstage as the contestants leave.

"I gotta go. Bye, Johnny!"

"Bye... (Y/N)," I hear him call as I catch up to the two men arguing.

"Buster!" I hiss, standing next to a frazzled Eddie. "We can't lie to them like this!"

"Exactly! And dream big dreams?" Eddie questions in aggravation, his eye twitching.

"I know! It's good, huh?" Buster grins, continuing to walk.

"But what about the hundred grand?!" I demand, feeling both frustrated and anxious.

"Don't you worry, (Y/N)! There's got to be a way to get it," Buster shrugs nonchalantly, walking towards his moon prop.

"What?! Buster, no, listen to us!" Eddie yells as Buster ignores us. "This show is not gonna save your guys's theater! You're at rock bottom, pals."

I frown with a sigh, crossing my arms and rubbing my temple.

"Yep! And you know what's great about hitting rock bottom, Eddie?" Buster questions, jumping on his moon. "There's only one way left to go! And that's... up!"