Practice and Power Outages

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"This contest is war!" Buster yells, making me flinch since he was next to me. "This stage is the battlefield, and your song is your weapon."

Ms. Crawly and I hand out the papers Buster and I made, choosing songs we thought would suite the person we were giving it to.

I hand Johnny's his, making him grin as he grabs it, our fingers brushing slightly. He quickly apologizes while shyly looking down, making me smile in amusement and chuckle before moving on.

"Choose carefully from the songs we picked out for you all," I warn, "you only have one chance to blow the audience away."

I didn't like keeping up the lie, but I had to trust Buster. I jump as Ash seems to come from nowhere, her guitar case in her hand.

"Ah, talked some sense into that boyfriend of yours?" Buster muses when he notices her, handing Ash her sheet of songs.

"Lance is an artist. But I wouldn't expect you two to understand that," she replies with a huff, making me shrug.

"You're right," I reply, making her look at me in surprise.

"We don't understand that at all," Buster chuckles, and Ash looks between us incredulously.

We both walk towards the practice areas, the contestants following.

"Now! You'll notice each list also includes (Y/N)'s performance suggestions and my costume ones. Okay? Ms. Crawly will show you to your rehearsal spaces." Buster explains as we go backstage.

I watch the trio of dancers fight for the paper before one of them snatch it, running away as the other two chases them.

"Now, let's get to practicing!"

"Uh, 'scuse me, Mr. Moon?" Johnny calls, making us turn to look at him as Ms. Crawly organizes everyone. "For some reason it says I should be playing the piano?"

"Oh, yeah. My idea," I grin, plucking the paper from him and looking it over as he looks at me in confusion. "I mean, just picture it," I call, walking to help Ms. Crawly. "A big, intimidating, soulful guy like you gently playing the piano keys!"

"There'll be goosebumps everywhere!" Buster agrees with a grin, nodding.

"B-But I haven't played piano since I was a kid."

"(Y/N)! We're gonna need some piano lessons with him," I hear Buster yell, making me turn to look at him.

"What? I've never taught anyone piano before," I anxiously reply, looking at Johnny with unsureness.

"Ms. Crawly will be there to help you if you need it," Buster replies, making me look at Ms. Crawly.

"Yes, sir! Up the stairs, you two. I'll be right along if you need anything," she smiles, offering coffee to the others.

Johnny and I look at each other with nervous grins as I gesture up the stairs with my head.

"Well, shall we?" I question, already walking up the stairs.

"We shall," he jokes back, following after me as Buster continues to address people.

...

Third Person P.O.V

"And Pete, you're in here," Buster directs, Ms. Crawly handing him a cup of coffee.

"You got it, Mr. Moon," Pete walks to his space as Buster hears arguing, rushing to the ruckus.

"Check your ego, man!" Kyle yells at Brad, Harry watching with uneasiness.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, break it up, break it up," Buster intervenes, getting between the two.