Chapter 4

Now, if you are thinking what's the big deal in hosting a Banquet, they got money so let them spend it, however they want.
So , the thing is , famines and droughts were common and widespread in the 1870s. Recently revenues were also increased. Some cases of them exploiting peasants to get desired revenue were heard.

(You can refer to the Delhi Durbar of 1877 for better understanding of the situation)

That's why it was heavily criticised by Indians although some elite Indians were also invited.

After having lunch Alaknanda and Radhika were discussing how immoral and inhumane activity it was.
Radhika was terrified by Alaknanda's sudden declaration
" I will go there to attend the Banquet" Alaknanda said.
Radhika started panicking and started to explain the consequences of this step.
" No, Nandu you are not going there, at all.
'You know what will happen if you go there.'
'They are ruthless , what if they know your intentions'
'What will I do if something happens to you'

Alaknanda was trying to calm her down.
Then Badi Maa came and handed them long list of items to be brought from market and told them that they will be accompanied to the market by Hariom kaka, a middle aged man , who work at their house.

Radhika saw this as an opportunity, as she thought,going to market will lighten up Alaknanda's mood and she will be able to convince her about dropping the plan to attend the Banquet.

As it was almost evening , they left for the market.
For most of the time they were focussed on buying items. Radhika thought she was able to deviate her mood.

When they were at the grocery shop , a small stall of newspapers besides that stall, caught Alaknanda's attention.

On the very front page, a large photo of the inside view of the townhall was given. The article was about the Banquet.
It was more of an official event and not an occasion with mass participation.
Few elite Indians were invited who were loyal to the crown. Unknown to them , few invitation cards were also circulated underground.

Seeing the photo , an idea striked Alaknanda's mind.

Abhyuday and team were talking how beneficial it can be to attend the Banquet.
Abhyuday said ' We will be able to get hint of what they are planning next and their take on activities of secret societies.'

He further added ' Sanjay and I will be   going to attend the Banquet, we will try to make the most of it , gather informations as much as we can and return safely without making slightest mistake.'

Information gathered from there will help in future plannings....

Radhika after returning from market asked " How are you feeling now Nandu??"
" Fine. Why??" She asked confused.
" So you are not going to attend the Banquet tomorrow??" Radhika squealed happily.

Alaknanda smiled and replied
" Not only I will go there, I will also make sure to make this celebration unforgettable for them"

To be continued....

Hey Readers
How is it going??
Are you liking the story??
If you have any suggestions regarding the story feel free to comment. I will be more than happy to listen from you guys....