Chapter 5

DAY OF THE BANQUET....

It was evening time, the Banquet was about to begin.

Alaknanda had persuaded everyone at her and Radhika's home, that they will stay together at night due to college assignment and told everyone not to disturb them as this is a very tough assignment randomly given by the professor.

Giving up on her friend's stubbornness Radhika assured that she will handle if anything goes wrong here and asked her to take special care of herself.

Alaknanda entered the grand town hall.
Dressed somewhat like this..

Donning a fake moustache too

The town hall was beautifully decorated , grandeur at it's peak.
One can say only by looking that lots of money was invested there to make such arrangements.

Abhyuday and Sanjay entered the hall separately to avoid any suspicion.

Abhyuday's look

The grand Banquet started when the chief guest Rudolf L Mcholm , the highest military official of the city arrived.
He was known for his imperialist ideology and colonial mindset. Ruthless in implementation of policies and enforcement of law.

Newly commissioned military officers were also invited.

After addressing the crowd gathered in the grand town hall , he moved forward in the crowd and held out his hand for a young man.
He introduced that young man as the son of his close friend and now newly commissioned officer in the British Indian Army Andrew Benjamin Edwards.

He has quite handsome and charming face , his eyes showed warmth and kindness.
Young ladies in the party were going gaga over him.

The party was going on in full swing.
Alaknanda was trying to mix up with the crowd to avoid any suspicion.

Suddenly she bumped into someone, she was about to fall then two strong hands held her arms to stable her, when she looked up she saw Andrew with worried expression.
He asked ' Are you okay Gentleman??'
She nodded positively and muttered apology in fake masculine voice.

Abhyuday and Sanjay were formally chatting with other people present there.

Alaknanda reached at a corner of the hall from where she smiled looking at the huge chandelier in the center of the hall.

She searched and found the pillar, to which the chandelier was tied using a strong rope.
She took out matchstick and knife from her pocket. She burnt the rope to make it weak and then started cutting it with the sharp knife and within matter of seconds the hall was filled with clinking sound of breaking of the huge class chandelier by falling on the ground followed by screams of people present there.

Immediately she rushed towards the entrance to escape safely without being caught.
Abhyuday saw someone running away from the direction of the pillar where rope was supposedly tied.
Knowing that it was basically an all English gathering , he thought who can betray among Britishers.
Possibility of that person being an Indian pulled Abhyuday in that direction.

Main entrance was crowded and it was seemingly not possible to escape from there.
Alaknanda, in search of an alternative escape,was roaming and suddenly she was pulled by a strong force and was immediately pinned to wall.
Because of the sudden jerk her cap fell and her hair previously tied in a bun was left open. A hand was covering her mouth to prevent her from screaming.
The light at that place was dim but she can clearly see the face of the person who was holding her.
Abhyuday was in utter shock by seeing a girl in front of him all dressed up as man.
Both were staring at each other wide eyed. While Alaknanda was struggling to get out of his hold, Abhyuday on the other hand was quite amused and intrigued and was eager to see the face of this brave young lady in front of him.
As he removed his hand from her mouth, Sanjay came there looking for him.
Alaknanda used this opportunity, she pushed Abhyuday and ran away immediately.

To be continued....