chapter 11

And just as 5:30 rolled around, Jonathan was beyond nervous.

        "What on earth do I wear?" He muttered to no one in particular.

       "Geez, you're hopeless, let us help," Will said leaning on the door frame with his friends behind him.

        "I don't think you are gonna give me a choice here, are you?" He questioned, although it came off as more of a statement.

        "Nope." The group said in unison.

       "Don't worry, we know what we're doing," Max said.

       After what felt like an eternity, he was finally ready for his date.

       He wore an iron maiden T-shirt with a striped long sleeve underneath, with jeans and his regular Converse.

      Although he felt like it was too basic an outfit, the crew assured him that it was fine.

       As 6 was rolling up, Steve's car did the same.

        He knocked on the door, Jonathan being the one to answer.

       "You ready for our date?" Steve questioned, voice shaking.

         A simple 'yeah' was all that Jonathan replied with.

        They got in Steve's car and drove off towards the movie theatre, where they had decided to be the spot for their date. 

         The car ride was quiet for the most part, both of them were too terrified to say anything,  so they just drove in silence. 

        They ended up seeing some cheesy rom-com. 

        On the drive back was when they decided to stop being losers and talk to each other.

       "So, uh, how did you like the movie?" Steve asked, voice cracking.

       "It was pretty good, considering it's a rom-com and all," Jonathan replied.

      It wasn't too long before they arrived at Jonathan's house, Steve walked him to his door, being the gentleman he is.

     Just before Jonathan walked through the front door to his house, he turned to face Steve. "Thank you, I had a great time." He smiled, placing a small kiss on Steve's cheek, before quickly shutting the door the second he got in the house.

        Steve stood at the entry, brain struggling to compute and process what had just happened. After about a minute or two he finally moved to get in his car and drive himself home. Thinking about Jonathan his entire way home.

       Haha, I'm alive. I didn't die, promise. I was in the hospital a few times but I'm all good. I just forgot about this app and had writer's block. Thank you for being so patient. :))