22

After their meal, they agreed to watch a movie.
They decided to play one of the old Christmas classics: the Grinch.

An hour and a half later, everyone fell asleep except Seungmin and Minyeong, which were both pretty much awake.

Trying to not wake him up, the boy slowly moved Jeongin's body to sit next to Minyeong.

"Do you like the film?" The boy asked her

"I've watched this a thousand times, but I still like it. What about you?" She replied

"I need to admit that this is my first time watching it"

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas movies"

"What kind of movie do you like then?"

They started talking about their favourite genres of movie and their favourite actors until the film ended. They discovered that the two of them had pretty similar taste.

"It's pretty late, I should go home" Minyeong said, standing up

"Wait. I still need to give you your present" the boy stopped her

"You didn't have to"

"But I got it anyway" he took out a small object from his hoodie's pocket and gave it to the girl

Minyeong placed the item in her hand to give it a closer look. It was an elegant ring with a star on top.
The girl wore it on her right index.

"Thanks, it's beautiful"

"I'm happy you like it" Seunmin smiled

"I should really get going now. Say hi to the boys for me when they wake up. Good night and merry Christmas, Seungmin"

"I will. Good night and merry Christmas to you too, Minyeong. And stay safe on your way home"

"Don't worry, I'll be fine" She smiled at his one last time before leaving the house

Seungmin let out a deep breath and smiled at himself.
He looked at his hand, specifically at the ring he was wearing on his left index: a ring with a star-shaped hole, matching with the one he gifted to Minyeong.

Author Note: sorry for the short chapter but I promise the next ones are going to be better (hopefully)

Have a good day or night!