Chapter Five: Dinner Party: Part Two.

"John" Raina gave a foul expression narrowing her eyes "leave" she told crossing her arms.

"This isn't your house, I don't think you can kick me out" John had found confidence from somewhere and her head tilts looking amused.

"Actually, this is her house" Damon told "like she said. Leave"

"When Jenna told me she was coming to a party for Elijah. I decided I couldn't miss out on all the fun and games" John announced watching Jenna leave the group as Alaric joined them catching John's words.

"There are not going to be any games tonight, John. It's just a friendly dinner party" Alaric announced looking to Damon and Raina, the girl spots the bottle in John's hand and took it reading the label.

"Not unless you want to be target practice" she smirks at the man leaving Damon to deal with him as she heads into the kitchen "John brought wine, guys an ass but he has good taste" she announced to Jenna and Andy, Andy took the bottle and gave an 'oooh' at the label.

"Hey, Raina?" Jenna approached her niece "think you can do something for me?"

"Sure" Raina frowns curiously.

"Its Alaric. He's keeping something from me about his wife-"

"Isobel. My birth mother" Raina cuts her off knowingly "I've already dug into that and Jenna... she was never found. Her body was never discovered. Alaric made a missing person's report, her parents put a tomb stone in a graveyard and..." Raina sigh's "I'm sorry, Jenna. Thats all of it"

"Oh"

"What were you expecting?" Raina studied the women "I also did some digging on Alaric" she whisper's leaning closer to her aunt "besides some parking tickets, he's a nice guy" she smiles small "I can punch John again, maybe clock him in the eye this time" she chuckled with Jenna "don't listen to John. He's got more secrets then I do and thats saying something" she gave her aunt a look causing the women scoff lightly.

"Yeah" Raina felt a tingle on the back of her neck and left the kitchen just in time to see Damon answering the front door and there stood Elijah.

"Good evening" Elijah greets Damon with a calmness about him despite that familia tickle on the back of his neck.

"Thank you for coming. Please, come in" Damon made a gesture for the man to enter his home.

"Just one moment. Can I just say that if you have any less-than-honourable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest that you reconsider" Elijah told touching the outer side of the doorframe.

"No, nothing dishonourable. Just, uh, getting to know you" Damon lies through his teeth which Raina picked up on as Elijah hums stepping into the house to stand besides Damon.

"Thats good. Because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal if you so much as make a move to cross me I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house. Are we clear?" Raina shook off the annoyance that filled her and approached the two.

"Elijah" she offered a small smile "you wouldn't be threatening people, would you?" She raised a brow.

"Not at all" her chest twinged slightly as Elijah smiles to her "I'm glad you decided to join us" he approached the girl.

"I kinda live here" she shrugs studying the original "say, if I were too... I don't know, deck John again, what would happen?" Elijah looks at the girl completely amused as Damon watched the two.

"I'm sure you have a valid reason"

"I always do. Would you like a drink?"

"Please" she gestured Elijah towards the dining area and saw the look Damon gave her. She shrugs him off and followed behind the original to the table.