Chapter two

Glory glared at the woman, anger rising inside her. So what if she was a Cyborg? There were dozens of Cyborgs in Pyrrhia, and no one had a problem with any of them. Well, except for the few that had gotten themselves thrown into prison. But that had nothing to do with the fact that they were Cyborgs, they were just bad people in general.

Six-claws sighed deeply and put down the shaker he was holding, studying the woman. "Ma'am, please calm down, or I'm afraid I will have to escort you outside." His voice was even and calm, but Glory could see the slight annoyance in his black eyes.

The woman didn't calm down though. She stood up and continued to point at Glory. "She's a monster! She's not natural and she should be punished!"

Everyone in the tavern was staring now, some looking amused at the woman's drunken frenzy, others annoyed or even angry and insulted. A few even looked ready to fight her.

"Punished for what?" A tall man called from the nearest booth. He stood and glared at the woman. "Punish her for having a metal arm? My uncles a Cyborg!"

"So is my sister!" An older woman said.

"And so am I." A middle aged man with a red beard said, and Glory saw his neck and both his arms were made of metal. His deep voice sent chills down Her back.

Glory turned to study the red-haired woman, and her brain automatically found the woman's identification.

Kestrel Eagle

Former soldier to Queen Scarlet of the Sky Kingdom.

Was forced to retire by the Queen for reasons unknown.

Member of the Talons of Peace

Glory blinked. What was a member of the Talons doing in Outclaws Tavern? And all alone too. They usually traveled in groups, or didn't leave their hideouts at all.

Kestrel bared her teeth and moved closer to the counter, her eyes dangerously crazed.

Warnings went off in Glorys head and her hands dropped to her side, finding the gun at her waist.

"Is there a problem here?" A voice said, and everyone turned towards the door where a tall blond woman stood wearing a plain sand colored shirt and jeans. A moonstone necklace hung around her neck and her fierce dark brown eyes caught the light of the tavern.

Thorn Sanders

Mayor of the Scorpion Den.

Owner of the Owtlaws Tavern.

Lost daughter status; still unknown.

She looked at Kestrel and raised an eyebrow.

The red haired woman's eyes scanned the room, as if she had just realized what she had done.

Kestrel stepped back and glared at Glory, who glared right back.

Growling, Kestrel turned and walked out the door, shoving Thorne out of her way, radiating anger.

Slam!

Glory let out a breath that she hadn't known she'd been holding.

"Sorry about that everyone," Thorn said, speaking loud enough that they could all hear her. "Please, return to your conversations and enjoy the rest of the evening." She turned towards where Six-claws and Glory stood and walked over. "Are you all right?" She asked Glory, who shrugged, her hand still gripping her gun.

"I'm fine." She could feel eyes watching her and she reached back and pulled the hood of her green sweater over her head and pulled her right sleeve lower over her robotic arm. She turned to Six-claws and held out her left hand. "My payment?"

"Right. How much do we owe you?"

"75 dollars," She muttered.

He nodded and went to get the money from the cash register.

A hand on Glory's shoulder made her jump.

Thorn stood behind her, brows pressed together. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine." She shrugged Thorns hand off. "This isn't the first time someone's freaked out 'cause of my arm."

Six-claws came back with the money and handed it to Glory. "Here."

She riffled through the cash, to make sure he wasn't cheating her. But it was all there.

"Well, I'm gonna go now." She turned to the door. "Send me a list the next time you need stuff."

She reached for the door handle but froze.

A chill ran down her spine.

Glory swallowed and pushed the door open and stepped into the alleyway.

She turned and looked through the window.

There, sitting in one of the booths, was a tall older boy, not much older than her, with black hair, who was watching her.

Their eyes met for a moment before Glory ducked away from the window, heart racing and warning going off in her head.

Her scanner wasn't able to identify him. And he had black hair.

He was a Nightwing.