Chapter 8: iGo On A Date With Griffin

At the Cheesecake Warehouse, Carly and Griffin were having a fantastic time. They were hitting it off just like they had when they first met. Griffin was still the same bad boy that Carly had once fallen for in the past. But this time around, he didn't have the Pee Wee Babies that clashed with his cool persona. While Carly didn't want to bring the Pee Wee Babies up, she had to ask him how he ditched his obsession.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Carly said as she was poking around at her gigantic salad.

"What's the question, Carly?" Griffin asked before he put a piece of red meat into his mouth.

"What made you get rid of your Pee Wee Babies?" Carly asked. "Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY happy they are gone, I was just curious why you'd get rid of something that you loved so much."

Griffin chuckled and placed his fork on his plate. "Honestly, I got frustrated with collecting them."

"How so?"

"Well," Griffin said as he leaned forward. "The collecting community got scammed by the Pee Wee Babies company. We spent years collecting all of these super 'rare' Pee Wee Babies. At the annual convention this past year, one of my buddies who has a connection with the company told me that they were planning on re-releasing all of the rare and limited Pee Wee Babies, making all of our collections worthless."

Carly looked horrified when she heard this. Griffin looked passionate as ever explaining his frustrations. She thought she just had opened the floodgates and now the whole night would revolve around Pee Wee Babies. Her worst nightmare.

"So, when I found out that all my years of collecting were going to go to waste," Griffin continued, "I decided to sell my whole collection before word got out to the public about the mass production of formerly rare Pee Wee Babies."

Carly looked a bit less horrified. She was intrigued by the prospect of selling these prized possessions. She knew Griffin had about 100 or so Pee Wee Babies and was curious as to how much money he made.

"So how much did you sell your whole collection for?" Carly asked, genuinely not having a clue of how much money Griffin may have made.

"Take a guess."

"I don't know, maybe $1000?"

Griffin started laughing hysterically. He was leaning back in his chair and repeatedly slamming his fist down on the table. "$1000, really? That's your guess, Carly!"

"Well, I don't know anything about them!" Carly responded looking slightly embarrassed. "How much did you get for all of them then?"

Griffin lifted his glass that was filled with soda. As the glass traveled to his lips, he paused before taking a sip. "60."

"$60? That's it?" Carly asked, now even more confused as she went to take a sip of her water.

Griffin took his sip and then responded, "No, $60,000."

Carly immediately spit her mouthful of water across the table in shock and connected with Griffin's dinner. "$60,000!" she shouted. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your dinner."

Griffin looked down at his meal. He was certainly a bit annoyed, but responded, "Yea, why's that a shocker? I told you, they were super rare. A guy was willing to pay a lot of money for them. He was super pissed about a week and a half later when the news went public about the reproduction of Pee Wee Babies and they became worth a fraction of the price. He asked for his money back. I told him 'Not a chance'."

"So what'd you do with the money? Did you spend it all?"

"Not all of it, but I spent a good chunk of it on a brand-new motorcycle."

Carly's eye's lit up and she perked up in her chair. She liked the sound of that. "Wow, a motorcycle? That's so cool Griffin!"

"Yep, I love it. I've been racing it at the Seattle Motor Raceway. I have a big race coming up next weekend. You should come," Griffin said, looking quite proud of himself.

"Wow, you race motorcycles," Carly said as she twirled her hair and stared at Griffin with lovey-dovey eyes. "I would love to come!"

"Yea, I figured you would want to," Griffin said as he knew he had Carly's interest back. "The track commissioner actually has a daughter who is a huge fan of iCarly. He'd love to have you come by."

Carly was having a fantastic night. Her ex-boyfriend was on the verge of losing the "ex" in his title. And she could possibly collab with the Seattle Motor Raceway, which would be huge for iCarly. The track gets a few thousand people at each race and they are sometimes televised. While iCarly was already a big success, they could use this opportunity to grow their fanbase even more to people who may not have been exposed to them yet. She could not believe how well this night was going, and it was only just beginning.

Dinner wrapped up and Carly and Griffin returned to Bushwell Plaza to watch a movie. They entered the apartment and plopped down on the couch.

"So, what should we watch?" Carly asked Griffin as she grabbed the remote. "I was thinking maybe we could try the new Jennifer Aniston mov-"

Griffin leaned in and placed his lips on Carly's and started making out with her. Carly accepted the kiss and returned the affection and put her hands on his arms. While they were passionately kissing each other, Spencer came out of his room in his pajamas and screamed.

"AHHHHHHHAAHGHHAAHGHHAGHH!"

Carly jumped off of the couch, completely startled while Griffin leaned his head back and rolled his eyes. He's lived this moment before.

"Spencer!" Carly shouted, totally embarrassed. "You told me you were going to stay in your room!"

"I needed a glass of water! Can't a guy get thirsty?"

"I've never heard a 'guy' scream like that before," said Griffin with an annoyed tone.

"You shut it. First, your lips kiss Carly and now they give me attitude. They've done enough!"

Carly stomped into the kitchen, filled up a glass of water, and stomped back over to Spencer. She thrust the full glass of water into Spencer's chest which made him yelp in pain as water splashed onto his pajamas.

"Here's your water, now go to bed!" Carly yelled!

Spencer took the water and backed up toward his room and responded, "Fine! But no more kissing!"

"SPENCER! GO TO BED!"

"OKAY!"

Carly, now exhausted from all of the yelling sat back down onto the couch. She took a deep breath and looked back at Griffin. "Where were we," she asked.

Griffin leaned in and they restarted their makeout session. After about 20 minutes of passionate kissing, Carly pulled away and smiled.

"Can we watch the Jennifer Aniston movie now?" she asked with puppy eyes.

"I can't say no to you," Griffin responded. "Put it on."

Carly put on the movie and she snuggled up into Griffin as he put his arm around her. After a few minutes, Carly was fast asleep.

She woke up to the credits of the movie rolling and Griffin nowhere to be found. She was a bit confused and looked down at her phone to see that she had two text messages, one from Griffin, and one from Sam.

The one from Griffin read, "Hey Carly, you fell asleep during the movie and looked so cute, I couldn't bring myself to wake you. You missed a good one. It was getting late, so I headed out right after it ended. I'll have to tell you about it the next time I see you. I had a great time tonight. Text me tomorrow."

Carly smiled to herself. She thought it was so sweet that Griffin had let her sleep, but she wished he was still here. She went back to her inbox and opened the text message from Sam. It read, "Hey Carls, how'd everything go tonight? I miss you."