Chapter 27: iExpose Griffin

Griffin was confused by the situation. He didn't know how Sam "got him" and he wasn't sure why Freddie had to go download a movie on a USB drive. He shook his head and went into the room he shared with Carly. Freddie walked over and sat on a chair next to the couch that Sam and Gibby sat on.

"So what now?" asked Freddie. "When are we going to show this to Carly," he said as he held up the drive.

"Tonight," said Sam.

"Don't you think it's best we wait until tomorrow after we get home? You know, when the trip is over."

"No, we can't wait until tomorrow, it needs to be done tonight, the sooner the better."

"I think it's going to cause more issues," said Freddie as he was trying to figure out why Sam was so bent on ruining their last night.

"Before Carly freaked out on me today she told me that she wanted to take the next step with Griffin," said Sam. "I can't let her first time be with a cheater."

Freddie immediately understood the importance of exposing Griffin tonight. Gibby on the other hand, was clueless.

"What do you mean 'next step'?" asked Gibby with a confused look.

"Gibby, you're all sweaty and gross," said Sam and she inched away from him. "Go shower."

Gibby lifted up his arm and smelt beneath his armpits. "Yeah, you're right, I'll go do that," he said and he left the couch and entered his bedroom.

"So how are we going to do this?" asked Freddie.

"Text Carly that you have a surprise for Griffin but you want to get her thoughts on it. When she comes out, show her the video."

"You think that'll work?"

"Of course, if she thinks you have something for Griffin she'll be invested to figure out what it is."

Freddie pulled out his Pear Phone and opened up his messages with Carly. "Want me to text her right now?"

"Give it 15 minutes. They're probably just getting out of their dinner clothes. I want Griffin to be ready to make his move when Carly gets the text. That should be a perfect time."

In Carly's room, she and Griffin were getting changed into more comfortable clothes. Griffin put on shorts and a black t-shirt while Carly opted for blue shorts and a white tank top. Griffin lay on the bed waiting for Carly to plop next to him. She finished taking off her makeup in the bathroom and cuddled up close to Griffin on the bed.

"You alright, babe? You still seem a bit upset."

"I'm sorry, I'm just really bothered by Sam. But that doesn't matter anymore, I'm here for you," said Carly as she placed a kiss on Griffin's cheek. Griffin smiled and then pulled Carly closer to him. They started kissing passionately. Carly was rubbing her hands down his arms while he caressed her waist and moved his hand down to her butt. As things were heating up, Carly heard her Pear Phone vibrate and stopped kissing for a moment. "I should check that."

Griffin pulled her back as she tried to turn away. "C'mon Carly, you can check later, remember, it's just me and you now."

Carly smiled. "You're right," and she began kissing him again. The phone vibrated again. And again. And again. It got to the point where it was so annoying that she had to check it. Griffin obliged. She rolled to her phone on the nightstand and opened her messages and saw a text from Freddie.

"I have something I want you to give to Griffin, can you come out here real quick."

Carly read the message and rolled off the bed.

"Where are you going, babe?" asked Griffin.

"Uh, one sec, I need to grab something in the living room."

"Did she answer you?" Sam asked Freddie for the fifth time.

"I already told you, no!" replied a frustrated Freddie.

"I'm gonna go and rip the door down if she isn't out-"

Right at that moment, Carly emerged from her room. "Hey Freddie," she said in a whisper. "What do you have for Griffin?"

Sam stared at Carly who was purposefully not taking her eyes away from Freddie.

"Carly," said Freddie as he turned toward Sam. "We have something we think you should see."

Carly looked concerned and sat next to Freddie on the couch and saw a black and white video on his laptop. "What's this?" she asked.

"Hit play, Freddie," said Sam. Freddie started the video and the scene began to unravel right in front of Carly's eyes. Sam kept her eyes on Carly the whole time while she watched the video. She saw her facial expression go from confused, to shocked, to upset. Tears were falling onto Carly's legs as she let out a few sniffles.

"I'm really sorry, Carly," said a sympathetic Freddie.

Carly pushed a smile through her tears. "It's okay, thanks for showing me."

While she struggled, Sam was able to hold back her tears. Seeing Carly upset made her emotional. She was happy that she knew the truth and that she and Griffin were likely about to be history, but she wished things could have ended much smoother.

Carly turned towards Sam. "At least you finally got what you wanted," she said as she wiped the tears away. She stood up and made her way back into her room.

Sam's jaw dropped. She couldn't believe that Carly didn't apologize to her. "What is her problem?" Sam asked as she was no longer able to hold in her tears. "I did her a favor. I did this for HER." Sam stood up in an attempt to walk over to Carly's room but Freddie grabbed her hand and stopped her in her tracks.

"Give her some space, she's heartbroken. Let her deal with Griffin. I'm sure you both will talk tomorrow." Sam nodded her head in agreement. "Are you okay?" asked Freddie. Without responding, Sam pulled him in and embraced him. She sobbed on his shoulder as he held her.

"Everything alright?" Griffin asked as Carly re-entered the room.

"Yeah, everything is fine," she said with a fake smile. She made her way back over to the bed and sat next to Griffin. He leaned over and attempted to continue the makeout session.

"Now, where did we leave off," he said with a smile as he leaned in towards Carly.

"I have a question."

Griffin's heart started beating faster. Usually, when a girl says she has a question, it's a question you don't want to answer.

"Uh, yeah, sure, what is it?"

"You would never lie to me, would you?"

His heartbeat kicked up another notch. "Of course not, why?"

"Do you want to know what I just saw?"

At this point, Griffin was sure the whole hotel room could hear his heart thumping. "Um, sure what did you see, babe," said Griffin who was now sitting up.

"I saw a video of you and Sam at the pool last night."

Griffin squirmed. He started nervously scratching the top of his head. "Okay?"

"And do you want to know what I saw in that video? Well, I'll tell you, I saw you trying to kiss Sam."

Busted. He was caught. His actions were on camera. His jaw fell down to the bed. "Uh, um, I, uh, are you sure that was me?" Carly slapped him across the face.

"Pack your stuff and leave, NOW!" screamed Carly. "I don't want to see you ever again!"

"Carly, babe, please, let's talk," pleaded Griffin as he massaged the cheek that Carly left an imprint on.

"NOW!"