Awake

April's P.O.V.

I slammed my right eye open and gasped for air, as I jolted upward in bed. "April!"  Everyone shouted, and I looked around the room taking in my surroundings and everyone's worried, concerned, and relieved expressions.

"H-hey," I said low and a bit weak,

"My love!" Jane said with relief, and before I can react her arms wrap-around me softly and she buries her face in my neck.

"J-Janey," I weekly wrap my arms around her and bring her closer, "I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry." I could feel the tear coming to my eye, "I've caused you pain again. I'm so much, pain."

"It's alright my love, all that matters is that you are awake now, and Alive." She squeezed me a bit tighter And I heard and felt her inhaled deeply, and relaxed. "I should be the one saying I'm sorry, I couldn't protect you."

At her words I pulled away and looked her in the eyes, "Jane what happened to me was not your fault, you should not be sorry." I raised my left hand and cupped her cheek softly, "Never apologize for what happened again. It is Her fault, not You're. Do you understand?" She looked at me for a few seconds, before giving a slight nod Then connecting our lips in a sweet yet, Love field kiss that lasted for a few seconds.

"I love you," She whispered,

"and I Love you more," I gave her a kiss on the nose, and she softly set down on the side of the bed and cupped my right hand with both of hers.

"We are all very, very relieved and happy that you are awake, and alive April." Galya said, and I turned my attention to her. "you scared us deeply, all of us."

"I know, and I'm sorry." I gave the best apologetic look I could with half of my head being wrapped in white gauze.

"You did a very risky thing" Adela said,  Referring to me Finally learning control.

"I know, but." I paused and looked down at my left hand, "But I had to take the opportunity while I could, I know it was stupid and risky, I'm sorry." I squeezed my hand together and when I opened it backup I could see the veins in my hand begin to glow a ambered color, and my mouth slightly opened in amaze.

Is...is that my–?

"Even though it was very risky, I would like to say congratulations April, you have finally gained control over your magic, now you must keep it." Galya said and I could hear the proudness in her tone, and when I looked up and met her gaze she smiled a proud one.

"Yes, congratulations April." Adela said  With pride in her voice as well,

"T-thank you," is all I said, before turning my gaze back down to my hand and feeling a weird yet familiar wave, go through my body.

My magic,

"Why can I still not hear you?" Jane asked and I turned to meet her confused yet slightly annoyed, expression.

"I-I don't know?" I answered, and became just as confused as her.

"It is your magic," Galya said, and we turned to her. "It has a blocker on your mind right now, to prevent other witches from hearing your thoughts, you will need to learn how to take the blocker down."

"Okay, How do I do that?" I asked,

"Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and focus on Your magic and telling it to take the barrier down." She answered but then her cheeks turned a bright read, as she caught her words. "April I'm sorry, I did not mean–"

"It is alright, Galya." I cut her off with a assuring tone, "I know you did not mean anything, We're all going to have to get used to what has happened, and that is going to take time." She nodded though she still held a apologetic look, and I closed my right eye and took a few deep breaths, before focusing on my magic and feeling it flow through my body and veins.