Chapter 2

'' Dominic Toretto. '' No playing games, he's going straight to the point. Not even glancing down to the cross as he chucks it towards the upturned car. Faint sounds of movement tell him the beta's stirring, trying to get free no doubt. Too bad.

'' You don't know me. You're about to. '' He doesn't intend on speaking any further words, not cutting the call off even as silence follows. No doubt Toretto trying to figure out who the hell was calling him. If he happened to trace the number, well no doubt the package was delivered already. The man wouldn't have much time to react when he pieced the location of the call and the source of the delivery together.

The explosions are faint in the phone, hearing Toretto shouting before he's finally hanging up the phone, tucking it away as the explosion of the car behind him echoes that of the Toretto house. Now for the next target. None of them were safe.

~ ~ ~

Despite being stuck in hospital, it didn't take long for Hobbs to learn about the bomb at the Toretto house. Knew almost as soon as Neves was telling him the news that Toretto was going to go after the person responsible. A good thing he'd insisted on Toretto as soon as he had awoken and been able to speak.

Watching Dom and Eden banter draws a muffled chuckle, enjoying the light atmosphere before it would the conversation about the culprit for Hobbs being stuck in hospital and the Toretto house being blown up would start. Eventually cutting the brief chat off, he's nodding to Neves with a thankful smile when she leads Eden out of the room, gaze soon returning to the other Alpha.

Even though Neves had only just handed him the hardcopy of Deckard Shaw's file, Hobbs had already had a chance to read the digital version. Insisting on a hardcopy because he knew Toretto was going to ignore what he was planning to say. Great to know that the mess in London wasn't behind them as they had expected.

Shaw was serious, perhaps even more of a threat then Owen had been. And clearly interested in removing details from his file, or at least someone was determined to keep some of his information secret. For being in the military, it was expected for the secondary gender to be known and recorded. Yet, Shaw's was blank. Unknown. Either he had the help to or someone else had gotten it erased, or, for whatever reason, it had never been documented.

Even as Toretto reads over the file, Hobbs is already starting to speak about the man. Try to make it clear how much of a threat he was, how much of a risk Toretto was taking in going after the man. Twenty lead operatives, what might have been overkill against one guy, though not necessarily when faced with his training and skills. An asset no one would admit to employing, until they'd decided to try and retire him. Twenty people had gone in after Shaw, only the man himself had been left standing.

And then Toretto is asking the question Hobbs knew he'd ask, his expression not changing as he simply responds. '' The official answer is: You don't. '' He can see the determination on the other alpha's face, drawing a slight furrow of his brows. Trust Toretto to not listen to a single damn thing he'd just said. Sure, the Toretto crew had a good chance against Shaw. But this was a trained assassin, someone who had been a ghost for six years until his brother ending up in hospital had drawn him out. Toretto needed to leave it to the authorities. Too much risk.

He knew it well before Toretto stepped into the room, a point he knew would be a waste of time trying to get across. Still, it was worth a shot, wasn't it? A small sigh before he's finally continuing, waiting for Dom to turn around and meet his gaze before he finishes. '' Don't miss. ''

~ ~ ~

As expected, Toretto had gone and brought Han back to Los Angeles, making it easy to find him. Showing up towards the end of the funeral, he hadn't needed to do much to draw Toretto's attention, driving slow enough to not disrupt those gathered, slow enough to draw his attention. Even as he saw the man disappear into the crowd before reappearing near some of the cars, he hadn't increased his pace, waiting. Just as Toretto finally started the car and started the chase, he's finally increasing speed, not caring if the loud revs of the engine drew the attention of the others from Toretto's crew. Shaw would have drawn Toretto far away before they had a chance to try and catch up.