¡3!

*A little over a year later*

Y/n was over at Leo's house, just talking with him.

"Ok, ok," Y/n laughed. She tried to think of a question now. "Who's your crush?" She smiled.

She hoped he would say, "It's you, Y/n." But he just said, "I don't have a crush."

"Liar!" She tackled him down.

He was stronger than her, so he easily flipped her over, him on top of her now. "I don't like anyone, N/n."

Now, he's really lying.

"You have to." She pushed him backwards and now pinned him down.

"No," He grabbed her waist and managed to get on top of her. "I don't."

Their laughter quieted down after a moment. They were both leaning in, not realizing it. But their moment was interrupted by Leo's mom calling them into the living room.

Leo cleared his throat and climbed off of her. She stood up and walked behind him. They sat on a couch, Leos hand resting on her lower thigh.

They saw the president on the news, their eyebrows furrowed.

"Good evening." He started. "A few minutes ago, the United States ambassadors to every country in the world told the leaders of those nations what I am about to tell you."

"Sounds serious." Y/n whispered to Leo.

"Yeah."

"It's a bit complicated, so it will take some time. So I hope you will bear with me, hear what I have to say."

Y/ns worry took over her expression. Leo noticed and gave her a slight smile, trying to calm her down a bit.

"A little over a year ago," He continues. "two American astronomers, Marcus Wolf and Leo Beiderman," Y/n and Leo both leaned in at the mention of Leo's name. "working on a mountaintop in Arizona,"

Leo leaned forward more, causing his hand to move further up Y/ns thigh. "Nobody say anything." He said.

This wouldn't be a problem for Y/n, as if she spoke, she'd stutter every word.

"Saw something in the night sky that caused them great concern: A comet. But the comet was.. Well," The president continued. "there was a remote possibility that the comet was on a path that could bring it into direct contact with the Earth."

This caused Y/ns worry to grow. People started mumbling in the background of the T.V.

"Leo." She whispered.

Leo looked back at her. "It'll be ok. I promise." He tells her, even though he is not sure himself.

"Now," The president speaks again. "we get hit all the time by rocks and meteors. Some the size of car, some no bigger than your hand. But the comet we discovered is the size of New York city," Y/ns mouth opened slightly. "from the north side of Central Park to the Battery. About 7 miles long."

This comet was bigger than the one that killed the dinosaurs. Y/ns mouth closed.

"Put another way, this comet is larger than Mount Everest. It weighs 500 billion tons." The president says.

Leo's grip on Y/ns thigh tightened slightly.

"Now, chances are that this thing will miss us..." The president spoke, but Y/ns thoughts drowned out his voice.

"N/n." Leo said quietly, catching Y/ns attention.

"Sorry."

"Comets begin far out in space." She listened to the president's voice. "They're what's left over from the creation of our solar system after the planets were formed billions of years ago. Now, these chunks of space debris are in an elongated orbit around our sun. But every now and then, one of them gets bumped, sort of like a billiard ball on a pool table, and is knocked into a different orbit. Now, if this comet continues on its path around the sun and keeps it's present course, sometime on August 16th, roughly a year from now, there's a chance that we might have impact."