02. Alchemax, Ugh

↳ chapter two ₊˚

↳ chapter two ₊˚.༄
[# alchemax, ugh]

"I HAVE A PLAN," GWEN STATED AS SHE PULLED IVY TO AN ISOLATED CORRIDOR. It had only been twenty four hours since their evening discussion and Ivy barely had anything on Miles, which was the expected situation since the boy was nowhere to be seen.

     The black haired girl looked at her earnestly. "Do tell because I have no fucking clue what to do since new spiderman is nowhere to be seen."

     Ivy had caught a glimpse of what Miles looked like after he was called upon by a teacher during English on the first day she arrived at Visions Academy. His forehead was dotted with beads of sweat while his features contorted with worry. A reasonable reaction when a teacher puts you on the spot. But what confused her was that he was nowhere to be seen yesterday, not in class, not in the lunch hall, not even in his dorm. Ivy debated on whether or not she should relinquish the task of searching for him that morning.

     "We're heading to Alchemax."

     Her eyes widened in panic. "What? Why there? Didn't you say we need to find this Aunt May lady?"

     She was less than enthusiastic to head to the research place, the very building where her father had died after a failed experiment. Although she was only five when the tragic event happened, it didn't stop the incident from leaving her with open wounds. After all, someone that was supposed to see her grow and guide her had left far too soon.

     "We will." Gwen reassured. "I did a little snooping last night and may have a theory on how we got here. In physics class they played a video of this scientist talking about building a collider that would allow multiversal travel. Well, what if it actually worked? What if that's how we got here?"

     "Huh, maybe I shouldn't've skipped physics..." Ivy muttered in thought.

     "You have your suite, right?"

     "...It's in the dorm, untouched since the day I got here."

     The suit she had brought with her was the only one she owned after losing her first one to a fire accident in the city back in her world. It was mostly black, with the main detail at the front of her torso, which was a light shade of gray with web designs that gradually faded from red to black, a small S design resting in the center. Smaller details accompanied her image, like how the web pattern stretched to her thighs and arms in zig-zags, and how the sleeves of her index and middle finger were red.

     It was entirely different from Gwen's, the only similarity between the two suits was that black was a part of their color pallet. The black and white suit was accompanied with accents of pink, the mask she wore hiding her identity entirely with a hood as an accessory. Ivy's was just a sewn on red scarf that perfectly hid the bottom half of her face and neck.