twenty-seven

{1.13 | The Boy Who Still Has a Lot of Good to Do | part 1}

Kissing Hope was something that Elara had thought about more times than she'd care to admit, but when it actually happened, she hadn't been expecting it.

Hope's lips against hers, the hand on the back of her neck, holding her in place like the tri-brid was afraid of her pulling away. Every touch, every breath, sent a pulse of warmth through her entire body. Elara had been kissed and kissed others before, but they all paled in comparison to this one.

And it ended far sooner than she wanted it to. Hope pulled away from her, keeping her brow pressed against Elara's.

Slowly, she blinked. Her head was spinning in all different directions. 

Thoughts of Landon and his relationship with Hope, thoughts of Josie and her actions, thoughts of leaving the damn Salvatore School, flew out of her mind the second she felt the firm press of Hope's lips against hers. All that remained was Hope. 

Hope. Just Hope.

And that was more than enough to convince her to stay.

She heard Hope whispering, her words rushed and jumbled together in an apologetic form, but Elara didn't understand what she was saying.

Hope's expression faltered as her grip loosened, and Elara managed to pull herself back to reality as her eyes scanned Hope's face. Her smile had dropped, her eyes had widened, and a look of fear washed over her.

The words finally hit Elara's ears as Hope began to pull away. "I'm-I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that--"

And she didn't let her finish as she surged forward and captured Hope's lips in hers.

This kiss, much like the first, was a shock-- a surprise. Hope stiffened for a split-second at the unfamiliar feeling, but as she realized that-- this time-- Elara was the one to initiate the kiss, she melted into the taller girl, grabbing both sides of her face and holding her in place.

Elara's hands found themselves on Hope's waist, pulling the shorter girl flush against her. If the first kiss was a question, the second was an answer. The kiss wasn't heated. It was simple-- sweet, even-- yet with each passing second, as they found their melody, the passion became bright as the day.

With a final, lingering kiss, Elara pulled away from Hope, pressing her brow against hers. A wide smile spread on her lips.

"Yeah, you probably shouldn't have," she whispered breathlessly. A soft laugh escaped her. "If I knew that was going to happen, I would've tried to leave a while ago."

"Last time I tried to kiss you, you actually did leave," Hope responded, her voice low.

Elara hummed as Hope's fingers twiddled with the blond hairs at the nape of her neck. "To be fair, I was still processing the fact that my briefly resurrected father told me that I'm a ticking time-bomb and thought you, and up until five minutes ago, I was convinced that you and knock-off Frodo Baggins were meant to be."

"Which you're completely wrong about."

"Thank you for the input, Hope," Elara uttered. Her eyes scanned Hope's face, noticing the tiredness in her eyes. "And seeing as I'm not going anywhere, how about we go back to bed? We can have our much-needed talk at a later date after you've broken up with mophead."

Hope took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay, and I'm sleeping in your bed again."

"Fine by me, but please, don't hog the blanket."