♡ x 2

Again someone spoke your name. You rubbed your eyes before opening them. You pushed yourself to sit up. It was Jean's thigh your hand was on, and it was him who woke you up. Quickly, you withdrew your hand.

"Sorry."

"It's okay don't worry about it."

Sasha had her arm resting your your legs so that must've meant you fell asleep on Jean's lap. You looked back at him.

"Happy birthday."

"Aw thank you. You stayed up til midnight just to wish me happy birthday?"

"Maybe I did. I wanted to be the first to wish you happy birthday so I can rub it in Jaeger's face."

"It's always a competition with everything between you two."

"Yeah, but I always win. Anyways... Here I got you this."

He reached for something in his pocket. You took this moment to carefully pull your feet away from Sasha's lap. A white box sat in his hand.

"Open it. I didn't have time to wrap it, sorry."

"No it's okay-"

You gasped.

Beautiful. Are those my?...

A silver bracelet. Not a bangle bracelet. It wasn't cuff or charm either. A silver tennis bracelet made with your birthstone.

(this is a tennis bracelet, just imagine it with your birthstone)

"It's gorgeous, thank you!"

"Of course."

"From your family's jewelry store?"

"Yes, it took a while to get done."

"I can't thank you enough, I love it so much."

You opened your arms inviting him for a hug. He wrapped his arms around you tightly.

You truly loved the bracelet. The fact that he reached out to his mom whom he hasn't spoken to in a long while and yet he did so for your birthday gift. There wasn't enough thanks to give.

It didn't feel like the right time to let go just yet. He pulled you closer to him and held you tightly, bodies pressed against each other. An eternity of warmth, one you've never felt. Your arms around his neck and his around your waist.

Jean knew it was only you, it has only been you your entire life.

Him, Sasha, and Connie were the closest people in your life. Your group has been the most important part of your life.

Slowly you pulled back from the hug, both of you maintaining your arms around each other. Staring into his hazel like brown eyes.

He stared into your eyes intensely. Almost as if he had something to say. To withdraw completely would leave the scene unfinished, the curiosity of this moment would follow you for the rest of your life. Unable to go back into the past and relive it, to find out what could have happened.

So you stayed.

"What?" you asked with a shy smile.

"Nothing," Jean whispered.

"Hm," you let out.

Your eyes analyzed his face. Trying to make up what he was trying to express. He didn't say a word.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

His eyes stared at the sudden and rapid movement of your eyes, darting around trying to figure out something.

She's too cute. So oblivious. So beautiful.

The focus of his eyes slowly began to fall.

Your lips.

Do I kiss her? Or do I not?

If I kiss her and she didn't want me to will it ruin everything we have going on? Our friendship, our friend group, what about our trip? I don't want to lose her entirely over a stupid move.

But what if I kiss her and she kisses me back?

Do I?

"What?" she asked again with that pretty smile of hers.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

He was staring at your lips.

"Nothing," he said for the second time.

"You look like you have something to say," you softly said, cocking your head to the side a bit.

"Do I?" he said looking back up at your eyes.

"Do you?" you responded with the same context, both of your eyes trailing down to each other's lips.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

What if I ruin things permanently with her?

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Do it Jean.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

I want to kiss her lips, so bad. It burns, being so close with nothing but the tiniest space between us. It's so taunting, so excruciating, so tempting, so very enticing.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Kiss me.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

I can't, not until I know I'm not the only one who has feelings.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Connie grunted and mumbled gibberish in his sleep. You and Jean quickly got away from each other and sat up right in your spots thinking Connie had woken up.

You felt the heat in your cheeks burning. You hadn't realized it before since you were fully attentive in the moment you two had just shared.

"Thank you... for the bracelet," you broke the long silence.

"Thought you deserved something nice," he replied.

"My eyes are tired," you changed the subject, it was the truth after all.

"Mine too," he lied.

You fell asleep again, exhausted from your twelve AM to eight AM shift.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Her head fell onto my shoulder. There's no way she's comfortable like this. Despite being worn out from work she let us all crash here. She stayed here with us and fought her weariness to stay awake as long as possible. Not that she she lasted til the end of the movie. Or the other two movies after that one. Even then, she stayed here with us.

I should take her to her room.

Jean carefully carried you to your bed and gently set you down. He covered you with one of the throw blankets at the end of the bed. Quietly he shut the door and returned to the living room.