Chapter 1: Meeting Hope

A seven year old Hope Mikaelson noticed a girl who looked sad, Hope was determined to make sure she was okay

Hope walked over to the girl, who had her head lowered. "Hey, you okay?"

The girl, who was around her age looked up. "Mhm, oh yeah. I'm fine."

"You look sad." Hope said, sitting next to the girl on the ground. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing really. Just family stuff." Brielle sniffled, clearly upset.

"Maybe I could help." Hope said, Brielle looked at her confused. "I have a very big and chaotic family."

"It's fine, I don't wanna bother you." Brielle said, not wanting to make her problem someone else's.

"Trust me, it's fine." Hope said with full honesty. "I give you my word."

"Okay." The little girl sighed, knowing there wasn't any use fighting her on the subject. "My cousin Lizzie was just being mean."

"Wait, Lizzie Saltzman is your cousin?!" Hope asked, wide eyed. Lizzie teased and was mean to her for years for no reason at all.

"Mhm." Brielle hummed with sadness. "She was saying something about my dad that wasn't even my fault."

Hope looked at her knowing what it felt like, she often heard her uncle Kol talk about the things her dad did before she was born. "What'd she say?"

"I can't tell you." Brielle said, not wanting to be judged by another person.

"Here how about this I'll tell you something about me and you tell me what Lizzie said, deal?" Hope suggested.

Brielle nodded her head. "Deal."

"Okay, um you can't tell anyone but Klaus Mikaelson is my dad." Hope whispered to the girl who looked shocked.

"Really?" She asked, making sure she heard Hope right.

"Mhm." The Mikealson hummed. "Trust me, I get it. Now you tell me what she said about your dad."

"Okay. Before I was even born, my dad killed her biological mother and a whole much of other people." Brielle said, looking down. "They hate me, even Alaric does. But I don't get it, it wasn't my fault!"

"I get that." Hope spoke up. "My dad did evil things to, but he's changed. Did yours change?"

Brielle nodded her head, she hoped he had changed for her. She hasn't even seen a dead body in her life, Kai taught her magic and taught her that being a Siphoner Witch made her special.  The two even watched the stars on some nights.

"See? That's good. At least he's trying to change." Hope cheered her up.

"Thanks... What's your name?" Brielle realized she didn't know her name.

"I'm Hope."

"Brielle."

"Wanna be my friend?"

"Sure!"