Chapter 2: Dad?

A fourteen year old Brielle entered her house, only to find it empty

A fourteen year old Brielle entered her house, only to find it empty. Usually her dad was home when she visited him on the weekends, so where was he. "Dad?"

She searched everywhere but she didn't find him anywhere. She was beginning to panic. "Dad? Where are you?"

She looked on a stand to see a note, she picked it up it was from Alaric Saltzman. "What?"

~😒~

"Where the hell is he?!" Brielle stormed into Alaric's office, Hope and him were talking about something that she wasn't concerned about at the moment.

Hope faced her best friend with a worried and confused expression. "Brielle? What's wrong?"

"What the hell did you to him?!" Brielle ignored the girl for a moment, glaring daggers at the Headmaster. "Where the hell is my dad?"

"What?!" Hope looked at him like he was crazy. "What is Brielle talking about?"

"I sent him to the prison world." Alaric sighed, not looking at either of them.

Brielle looked ready to cry and kill the man in front of her. "You what?"

"Dr, Saltzman! How could you do that to her?!" Hope exclaimed, standing beside her best friend. "How could you just take her dad away from her?!"

"It's for the best!" He snapped at the two girls.

"For the best?" Brielle repeated in a low tone.

"Elle?" Hope asked, looking at her friend.

"You don't know what's for the best." She said, danger clear in her voice. "Who was it the best for?"

"Everyone, you, Hope, Lizzie, Josie, the world." He listed people, not caring who they were.

"You don't get to decide that." She tells him, Hope glaring at the man. "The only people you get to decide that for is Lizzie and Josie."

"And this is what I'm deciding."

"Are you serious?" Elle asked, looking at him dead in the eye. "He was the only parent figure I had! But you just had to take that away!"

He stood up. "I didn't have a choice!"

"Yes, you did." Hope told him, fed up with him. "There is always a choice. You just chose the wrong one."

"I hate you." Brielle told him before storming out with Hope following.