Chapter 12 - Blue Flowers

Trigger Warnings:
~ Explicit language

Matteo's PoV <3
........................................

The thought of marrying Isabella Rose isn't one of complete dread. I'm rather glad that this arrangement was accepted, considering all of the other girls I could have been forced into a relationship with.

Isabella's sweet. Kind. Caring. Also scary as fuck when she's holding a gun.

The way her emotions change within the blink of an eye intrigues me. Her whole personality makes me curious, and the more I discover about her, the more I want to know.

The file she located that was filled with information has been extremely useful. I've read through it a couple of times, the pages and pages of data on her and her family.

She's got an older brother named Lorenzo Rose. Her eye colour is green, and her blood type is AB negative. She's unstoppable in physical combat, and has been trained by her father since she was old enough to walk.

There's no record of her kill count, just that the people she murders are often tortured; suffering slowly before death. There are also several cases in which she's left black roses to mark her kills, and symbolise death.

She's a psychopathic machine purely designed to kill.

It's hard to believe that the old man seated in front of me is responsible for her skills. His wrinkled face is etched with tiredness and eyes hooded from exhaustion.

His suit looks old, with rips and frays at the hem. His tie is slack around his neck, sleeves rolled up and splattered with blue pen ink.

Mr Rose smudges the ink up his arms without realising, and clears his throat from across the office. He brings a lit cigarette to his lips before exhaling a large puff of smoke into the air.

"Two weeks?" He suggests suddenly catching eye contact with me. "Next Saturday. That's just less than two weeks before you can marry my daughter and return to Italy."

He slides out some paperwork from a drawer in his desk and begins scribbling messy letters across the page. He shoves the pieces of paper in front of my face, and I sieve through them slowly.

"Carlos dropped them by for you earlier." Mr Rose points towards the paperwork and takes another drag on his cigarette. "He's arranged the whole wedding."

Sure enough, the papers describe every single detail. The wedding venue, the party venue, the times, the speeches, and even a long list of mandatory guests.

As I'm skimming through the list of names, the door opens to reveal Carlos and Isabella. They both take a seat on the chairs beside me, and Isabella gives me a gentle smile.

Carlos catches me reading the wedding plans and nods reassuringly. "There's still a few things that need to be sorted out, like the flowers, Bella's dress, and where you two will stay the night after."

I look up at Isabella, but she sits there quietly, her curly hair falling in loose ringlets round her face. She's wearing a tight-fitting, white dress with a low neckline and long sleeves that flare out around her small hands.

 She's wearing a tight-fitting, white dress with a low neckline and long sleeves that flare out around her small hands