Chapter 1

I could not stop myself but laugh at the vagueness of these wealthy kids topic of discussion which grabbed my attention for exact ten seconds and then I smoothly walked past them. All they talk about is their boyfriend/girlfriend stat situation or brag about their lavish lifestyles or gossip about their classmates. That's all they got to do. Jobless creeps.

There is Madyln and her boyfriend Trent, ragging some of the juniors, some people by the pool hooking up and at a straight angle is a bunch of kids playing truth or dare. Ugh. If you look around, you would find pretty much everyone is drinking, smoking and having the time of their life while dancing at the beats.

Well, you must be wondering what am I doing at this party which I'm least interested about. It's because I was FORCED by my 'only' friends. I would rather prefer to be at home reading books or do my school homeworks or ask my 'only' friends to come over so we can play board games, but- I was IMPOSED to wear a tight body con dress instead of my comfy oversized clothes and was DRAGGED out of my house to this hellhole.

Speaking of my friends, here they are- Broody and Jenna. They are my 'only' friends.

"Hey Theo!" strolling the word "Hey" in a high pitched tone was a Jenna thing to do, whenever she got drunk.

"Hey Jenna! Are you alright?" with a sense of concern in my voice. She was completely drenched and could barely stand on her feet. One of her arms was around Broody's shoulder and his hand embraced her waist.

"She fell in the pool and is a little drunk. I'll just get her home." said Broody.

"A little drunk?" I said glancing at Jenna top to bottom.

"Okay, I mean- A little too much." said Broody.

He held her cheeks and shook her.
"Let's go home Jennie" said Broody.

"No! I want to have Taco Bell" said Jenna in a childish voice slurring her words.

"Fine- we'll first get you your favorite Taco and then drop you home safe and sound." said Broody in a convincing manner.

"Let's go!" said Jenna in a very exciting voice.

"I'll pick you up after I drop her home. Actually I'm dropping Betty and Gabriel home too because they are also"

I cut him off.

"Just as drunk as Jenna."

"I'll be right back, take care." said Broody. Again in a very 'convincing' way by placing one of this hand on my cheek and caressing it.

Their voices faded and I could see Betty and Gabriel joining them from afar.

I wanted to rip off Broody's arm from Jenna's waist. HER NAME IS JENNIFER CLOUT and it's already abbreviated as JENNA. Why do you have to call her JENNIE? Eww that sounded ugly in so many different languages. Is it wrong to admit that I have a crush on Broody since sixth grade and we have been friends since fourth grade, but the whole school knows that he likes Jenna, atleast I feel that. Does that make me jealous of Jenna? Hell nah, and that's a lie. I'M FRIGGING JEALOUS OF HER. Every time Broody and her are closer than fifteen inches in proximity my blood starts to boil but I still manage to act calm and collected.

I thought of taking a look at the whole mansion. I went upstairs and saw some really beautiful paintings and doodle arts on the wall. Every ornamentation found on the wall and over the cabinets were perfectly detailed. The chandelier was huge and dazzling. I couldn't have enough of its beauty. There was a music room which had some really antique instruments. I picked up the harp and played few notes on it. I barely remember how to play it. It was my father who taught me how to play a harp. He was my role model. I was only nine years old when he left us. I cried for seven days straight. My eyes were swollen, I skipped school for a month, my grades were deteriorating and I had developed eating disorder. I promised myself that I would not shed a tear for that man ever again, but I still find my mother crying alone in her room. It's hard to see her like that for the past nine years. I wanted her to remarry but she isn't even ready to date someone else.

I came downstairs after my mansion expedition. I texted Broody asking where he was. He replied then he just dropped Gabriel home and now he is on his way back to Bryce's party. I sat beside an angel statue near the television cabinet. Everyone was outside by the pool having fun. Well, fun has a different meaning in my dictionary. It's debating over the current news affairs, playing sudoku and chess, or spending some quality time with my mother. The last one is my least favorite because she makes me sit for three hours straight in one position while she makes a potrait of mine. Unfortunately, you would not find any potrait of mine at home because she sells them and that's how we pay our bills.

I leaned against the angel statue and the arm of the angel went down, the wall behind slid open. I let my intrusive thoughts win and went inside closing the wall behind. It was all dark inside. I switched on my phone's flashlight and saw few more stairs which led to a door. I opened the door and found a lobby which was also utterly dark. After walking a fews steps, the lobby was divided in two directions. I chose to head towards the left side because I could see red light coming out of a room. There was a glass window on the door. I peeped inside the room. I was abso-freaking-lutely left dumbstruck. There were two men sitting on a two seater  bronze coloured sofa and had a black mask on with red strips on it, and opposite to them was another black masked man sitting on a recliner. His mask had golden strips. They were dealing with some white powder in sealed plastics. That definitely has to be drugs and there were several hand guns placed on the centre table and a black suitcase where they were keeping all the drugs. I was unable to hear them talk, the room seemed to be sound proof. My palms were sweaty and my hands were trembling. I was panting. I needed my inhaler. As I took out the inhaler from my bag it slipped and fell on the ground. I switched on the flashlight to search for the inhaler. Suddenly, I could feel a needle pricking into my back. As I turned to look behind, my vision got blurry and I lost my body balance. I became unconscious.

Worried about Theodora? Then stay tuned for the next chapter to know what happens to her. I hope y'all liked the first chapter, also- this is my first time writing a novel.
Show some love and support. Feel free to leave your honest reviews. :)