Chapter 2

I was having a throbbing headache. My hands and feet were cuffed and everything seemed fuzzy. I felt like banging my head against the window, only if it eased my pain.

"Here, take this"

"Why should I be having this?" I said, with a sense of hesitation in my voice.

"Just do as you are said", pointing a revolver at my chest.

I was flabbergasted. I took the medicine and closed my eyes for the next five minutes, waiting for the arrival of my death. Miraculously my headache was gone and I was still alive. I opened my eyes and sat up straight. I could perceive the whole situation now. The left part of my brain yelled 'YOU ARE KIDNAPPED IDIOT'.

There were two men sitting in front of me. They both were dressed in formals, black suit, black mask and black wristwatch. Nothing could be seen outside the window as it was covered. The whole theme of the car was black including my future. There was a dim yellow light and it was my only cue of hope. The air conditioner chilled me to the bones. It was an unpleasant and eerie environment. After analysing my surrounding, I finally decided to speak up.

"Where am I?" I said.

There was no response.

"WHERE AM I?" I cry out.

"You need to calm down. You are totally safe with us." One of them said.

"Safe? So, you assure people that they are 'safe' by abducting them. You guys cuffed me and pointed a gun at me."

"We are abiding by the orders."

"What orders? Who are you?" I asked as if they'll pass me their whole plan and their identity card.

"Listen- I really don't care about who you are or what you do but I promise not to say a word to anyone about the red room or whatever happened with me after that. Just let me go."

"Our duty is to drop you to the location as our boss said."

"Who is your boss?" Again a futile question.

"What do you all want from me?" I said in an exasperated tone.

"Our duty is to drop you to the location as our boss said."

"Well, fuck this! My mother would have filed a missing complain by now. So, be ready to enjoy the air behind the bars.

They didn't seem to be threatened. Maybe because of their mask I couldn't see the tears of fear in their eyes. Later, I dozed off because I felt worn out.

Next I woke up when the car stopped at a petrol station.

"I need to use the restroom" I commanded.

"You are not allowed to leave the car." one of them said.

"Wait- What? You want me to pee inside the car in front of you?"

"We definitely would not appreciate that, but we need to follow the orders strictly."

"Then call your boss and persuade him." I said with pain in my voice. My stomach clenching.

"We're afraid we cannot do that either because he is busy in a meeting."

"What can you do?"

"We can give you meds to ease your pain."

"I don't need your frigging medicines. I need to use the toilet, or else I'm going to vomit right here, right now."

They talked secretively among eachother. Seemed like they had to do a lot of negotiation there.

"You have ten minutes to use the restroom. If you donot return we'll break in."

"Fine! You sick perverts."

I agreed because this was my only chance to escape. They freed my hands and feet. I stood outside the car, rotated my wrist and stretched my back. I started walking towards the restroom and then picked up my pace. In front of the restroom there was a huge pillar and beside it was a shop. I disappeared behind a pillar. I hastily entered the shop and bumped into the shopkeeper. I elucidated my the whole situation. He showed me a room to hide. I entered the room on time because they came straight away but didn't notice me. I could hear distant voice but could not figure out what were they talking about. I assumed the shopkeeper fooled them and I could hear footsteps fading away. After a minute, the shopkeeper asked me to come out. I was a bit hesitant. I hugged him and thanked him thousand times for being my saviour. I was about to pick up the telephone and make a call to my mother but suddenly someone grabbed me by my waist from the back. I screamed for help. It were those men in black.

"They are the ones who kidnapped me Sir" I cried out.

He did not even make eye contact with me. One the man threw a bundle of cash at the table. They again handcuffed me and carried me to the car and then tossed me inside. I was wailing restlessly and my breathe was eratic.

"You must be needing this" One of them said.

I snatched the inhaler from his hand and took several puffs of it. Untill it pacified my anxiety and I could breathe properly.

"What kind of an inhuman hands over a child to the criminals for money?" I said, tears oozing out of my eyes.

"Ma'am, he didn't have a choice. This whole area is under our boss."

"First you abduct me and then give me medicines, and now you are addressing me as ma'am?"

"It's the order from our boss to take care of you."

"Is he going to sell me? Is that why, he wants me pink in health?"

"I'm sorry but we don't have much information. Our job is to"

I cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah, drop me to the location as your boss said."

Who is this boss? I said to myself.

"Yes. So, it would be really beneficial if you cooperate."

I was at my wit's end. Several questions swamped my head. I did not know if I'll make it out alive. Bryce was the first name that came to my mind. He must be linked with all these illicit activities because it was his party, his house and he would not be aware of these people? That's not possible. My eyes fell on the scar which was at the back of the hand of one of the men. I've seen this before. The moment I saw the scar the man seemed to hide it under his sleeves. I pulled up the sleeve.

"You are not allowed to touch us. It's against the orders."

"Bryce is that you?"

Hope y'all enjoyed reading this chapter. Would love to read your honest reviews on it. Don't forget to vote and follow me :)