Lessons

I opened my eyes, taking in my surroundings. It felt weird not having the little ones jump in my bed and pull me out of bed without getting dressed.

Flashback

Like every other morning I felt bodies jumping in my bed and calling my name out before I could open my eyes.

I looked at the young children and smiled "Good morning my little ones" I said and Clair went to hug me. "Come on. Let's go, you slept 27 seconds longer!" Fiona said pulling me out of my bed.

We ran down the stairs, me only one still in my pyjamas. "What did I tell you to let Cassandra get dressed and then go play?" Miss Peregrine came out of the kitchen. The kids put their heads down "It's fine. I'll get ready before breakfast" I said putting my hand around Bronwyn. "Play time ends in 8minutes and 46 seconds, 11 minutes and 39 seconds till breakfast." Alma said and we nodded.

We ran into the living room. The twins went to sit the closet to the window and we followed them. When we all were sat and the toys were out only then we started to play.

Soon it was breakfast and everyone sat at the table talking. I dressed on time so there was no reason for Miss Peregrine to rush things.

When the breakfast was over I did one of my chores which were helping Miss Peregrine with the dishes. "How's your first week here?" Alma asked I turned to look at her "It's been wonderful. I haven't even had time to think of my parents, well of course at nights." I said fidget with my fingers. Miss Peregrine took my hands "You are safe here. Your parents are at peace." She calmed me.

End of flashback

I got out of bed and went to the closet. And picked a long puffy dress with yellow corset, found matching gloves and shoes. I did my makeup and hair and left my room for my first class.

As I was trying to find beautification class, my fingers seemed to be wrapped around the necklace Miss Peregrine had gave me. 

I entered the class just on time and set down in my chosen seat. "Good morning evers, I am your professor Anemona. It's your first class so we will start easy. Open up your mirrors and smile!" I did as told and opened the mirror. I looked closely and realised that those 10 years had caught up and I don't look like a 18 year old, but a 28 year old, oldest student here, but 5 years younger then the deans. Great, definitely not weird.

I smiled and a 'A' appeared above my head. Soon the class was over and I headed to the next one. "Hi there freak" Beatrix said walking besides me now with her friends. "What's this ugly thing?" She asked snatching the necklace off. "It belongs in the never castle" Millicent said "At the uglification class" Chinen said while Beatrix was still holding it and laughing.

I got frustrated and mad so I took Beatrix wrist and pulled her closer to me "Never and I mean never take that necklace off of me again. And trust me when I say this- I will pull your eyes out and feed them to hollows myself." I warned her takin my necklace back, giving one last look at the girls and left. 

My next class happened to be with Clarissa Dovey- good deeds. It was a peaceful class really before Beatrix spoke. Professor talked about what evers do and what nevers do. "And what if an ever threatens another ever?" Her so fake sweet voice echoed and I pierced my lips "oh well- that's an evil thing to do." Clarissa said a little confused, but moved on to the lesson, but Beatrix kept snickering.