Chapter 3

It was certainly a dark time in his life, one he did not want to remember right now.

Lawrence shook his head and turned away from her. "Is there a pizza or burger joint anywhere around here? My body burns a lot of calories, meaning I gotta eat...like a lot. I'm basically a snack hole. And I'm running really low."

Imra wanted to know what he meant, but she didn't want to press it.

"There's a Big Belly Burger place just down the road. I can show you-" 

"There's no need." Lawrence cut her off with a raised hand. "I'll find it myself."

And just like that, Lawrence was gone. Imra sighed and turned around spotting Supergirl with a confused expression.

"Uhh, what did Lawrence go?"

"Big Belly Burger." She said simply and Supergirl nodded her head understandingly.

"Ah, needs to fuel up, huh?"

Just then, there was a gust of wind and both of them turned around to see Lawrence standing by the door to the training room with a wince on his face.

"Uhh..." He rubbed his face and then looked away. "Anyone got cash on them? Kinda forgot that they don't take credits in this time."

Supergirl and Imra shared a look before giggling softly.

******

"......Is that all you...need...?" The waitress and half the customers in the Big Belly all stared at Lawrence as he began to speed eat through the multiple meals she brought.

There were various burgers, chicken, beef, bacon, cheese, and rib...and none were spared. Lawrence shot Kara an apologetic wince as she stared at her nearly empty wallet. 

"Impressive..." Imra said with wide eyes and stacked up all the plates.

"Yeah, sorry. I haven't eaten...for a day now? There was a whole getting stabbed in the leg with a rebar and I must've passed out from blood loss which is where I woke up in the 31st century before coming back to the past."

"So...Since I just used up most of my paycheck on your...snacks, you think you could tell me about the other Earths?" Kara asked energetically.

Lawrence narrowed his eyes at her but eventually shrugged his shoulders.

"Sure, why not. What do you want to know?" He leaned back against the seat and casually sipped on his soda.

"Are there other versions of me? What do they do? Where do they come from?! I have to know!" Kara's eyes were wide with excitement and Imra too was eager to know.

"Well, I can confirm that there are numerous versions of you. Some are good others are bad."

"Bad? Like how bad?" Kara asked with a worried expression.

Lawrence shrugged and looked outside. "Joining Zod and taking over the world bad? Becoming one of Darkside's Furies bad? Captured by Brainiac and becoming his trophy? There's an endless possibility." Kara blinked repeatedly before sitting back in her seat with wide eyes. "There's a version of you that doesn't become Supergirl, but Powergirl...a lot of cleavage in the suit though. There are versions where you don't even exist. There's also a version where you join the Legion and get...uh, very close with Brainiac 5."

"What about me?" Imra asked quickly, leaving Kara stupified.

"You, well. You're mostly the same across the multiverse with slight differences. Across most of them, you're blonde with blue eyes wearing white and red spandex."