Chapter 1: Sparks fly

Lucy's perspective

I was setting up the shop preparing myself for the day ahead. I was riding with Tim for the first time in what felt like forever. He had just broken up Ashley. I always new they weren't meant to be. I broke up with Chris not that long ago but I didn't want to tell Tim.  I don't know whether it was for his sake or mine. I have been in love with Tim for as long as I could remember. I just never acted on it cause he was my T.O.  "You ready to go Chen" a man's voice bellowed across the garage. Damn his voice turns me on. "Oh, um yeah just putting the war bags in." I stuttered. Why am I stuttering it's Tim. Just plain old Tim.

When we were riding down the streets I could keep my eyes off him. I had snap myself out of it. I couldn't. He jawline is so perfect. And is biceps are being strangled by the cuffs of his sleeves. You don't understand how badly I want to rip his shirt off right now. "Chen why the hell are you staring at me?" He asks. That's when I realised we had been parked for god knows how long and I have just been admiring his body. "Sorry I zoned out didn't realise I was staring at you." I lied.

We got out the shop and walked over to the people standing in front of an abandoned house. They were passing things between each other which is the most obvious sign of a deal being made. "LAPD stay where you are" Tim yelled holding up his gun. The criminals complied as we walked over to them later shoving them in the back of our shop. Once we processed them we went back out and had a pretty quiet day from then. No calls. No nothing.

End of shift came around soon enough and I saw Tim walking to his car.  "Hey Tim," I shouted "some of us are going for drinks wanna tag along." A grin washed across his face as he replied "yeah to usual spot?" I nodded my head and turned to meet Angela and Nyla who were driving me to the bar. I ordered a shot of tequila which made everyone stare at me. I heard the door open. As I spun round I saw Tim in a dress shirt which was hugging his abs in all the right places and black pants that fit him perfectly.

Tim's perspective

As I walked into the bar Lucy invited me to I saw he sitting on a stool in a neon green dress what fir her curves perfectly. It was short and low cut letting her breast steal the show. I looked at her grinning giving her a hug and I walked in. Doing to same to everyone else so it didn't seem too weird. I sat down next to her and ordered a beer. "You look nice Lucy." I said. What was I thinking of course she looked nice she was Lucy Chen. "You don't look to bad yourself." She said with a smile on her face. Her hair was straight and was hanging over shoulders. And her eyes were glistening in the bar light.

We had been here for hours just laughing and some of the others dancing with their significant others. I watched them dance and party as if they we in their 20's owning the world. Lucy was chugging down as many shots as she could with the majority of the club cheering her on. I wouldn't help but check out her ass as it was right in front of me. She was very clearly drunk but I didn't want to disturb her fun so I just laughed along with her. It was 2am by the time all the other cops left and it was just me and her and all the other strangers still dancing to the music.

I was slightly tipsy as I had had some of Lucy tequila. Her favourite song came on so she bounced to her feet. She was dancing and jumping around and I was just admiring her. When the song ended she sat on the stool next to her. Her lips looked so soft and round. I looked into her eyes as she inched closer to me letting our lips collide.