Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn

“Let’s hit the dining hall and carb load. It’s game day.” Lizzie said as she sped down the stairs with Josie and Nova right behind her.
“I'm not hungry.” Josie answers that's when Lizzie stops and looks at her all serious causing Nova to also stop in her tracks. “What?”
“Well, uh, funny thing actually, Josette. This morning, as I was desperately trying to make this trash bag of a jersey look cute I suddenly had the urge to purge so I fled to the bowl, and lo and behold, I heaved up a gallon of black goo. So, seeing as I haven’t been dabbling in any illicit black magic recently I can only imagine it was a twin sympathy hurl. And here you are denying the days most important meal. So fess up. What did you do?” Lizzie explains as they continue their walk.
“Josie you can't-” Nova starts before she's cut off.
“Maybe you’re pregnant, Lizzie,” Penelope says. “Oh, or maybe it's just how that jersey fits.”
“Go away, evil one.” Josie says.
“Already gone. Hot tip next time you burn your ex's hair off, make sure she can’t rock a bob.” With that Penelope walks away. The sisters look at each other and sigh as they all walk away.
As MG walks over to them Lizzie quickly shuts him down.
“Hey girls listen.” Their father says as he stands in front of them with a bag over his shoulder.
“Don’t say whatever it is you're about to say because you have dad face, and wherever dad face goes daughter disappointment always follows.” Josie says as the girls look at each other.
“I'm sorry. Nova and I can't make the game today.”
“But, Dad, you're the coach.” Says Josie.
“And I'm QB1 this year.” Lizzie whines.
“And I'm the cheer coach, I need to be there.” Nova states as she looks at her father.
“I hate it as much as you do, but I have to find Landon Kirby.”
“Okay, so, let's cancel. I mean it's a joke anyway. We can't use our powers so we suck.” Josie said.
“Exactly. Which is a normal school for troubled rich kids thing to do. This annual event lets the locals see you for what they think you are. And keeps them from asking too many questions.”
“But they mock us.” Lizzie says.
“Yeah all they do is torment us.” Nova states, crossing her arms.
“Because they're insecure, small-town kids with small minds. So just let it be. Look, girls, with Landon running around, knowing all of our secrets, we have to protect our profile now more than ever. Can I count on you both to do that?” He asks, looking at the twins. Both of them nod their heads. “All right. I love you both. We’ll be back as soon as we can. Come on Nova.” The younger Saltzman follows her dad out the door and to the car.

Nova:
“He can come.” Dad says as we walk to where Hope and Rafael stand.
“What?” Hope says shocked as she looks at my father.
“He knows Landon. He'll be an asset. And we'll need all the help we can get. So fix the car and hop in. Hope gives Rafeal an annoyed face before she makes her way to the other side of the car with me behind her. As she gets to the door I tug on her arm and engulf her in a hug missing her warmth.
“Where did you go last night?” She questions as she hugs me back before letting go.
“I went to Lizzie and Josie's room. Josie caught MG with his tongue down the devil's throat so I stayed to comfort her.” The tribrid only hums as she moves a bit of hair out of my face before opening the back door for me to get in.

Time Skip:

We all got out of the car and made our way into the woods looking for any sign of Landon.
“I don't know why he's still out here. He has a whole day's lead on us. He could be anywhere.” Hope states as she is in the lead with me right beside her.
“Maybe because he doesn’t have a reason to run.” Rafeal states, causing Hope to scoff.
“Logic that would be perfectly believable if he hadn't, you know, ran.”
We hear a twig snap and dad tells us to be quiet. He then proceeds to run the other direction and we all follow behind him stopping when we spot a woman covered in ash.
“Its okay. I'm not gonna hurt you.” Dad tries but the woman only steps back and looks around. “Were you on the bus? Can you tell us what happened?” The woman says nothing and continues to look around.
“Is she a survivor?” Hope asks.
“Uh, smells like it. She reeks of smoke.” Rafael answers.
“And she's covered in ash.” I add.
“I think she's in shock. Look, I need to get her to the police so she can get some medical attention. Uh why don't you three go ahead? Don’t engage. We don’t know how dangerous Landon is.” Dad says as he keeps an eye on the woman.
“He's not dangerous,” Rafael argues.
“I said don’t engage.” dads head snaps towards Rafael looking at him sternly.
“Come on.”Hope says as the three of us begin to walk away.