We're Being Punked, Pedro

A/n- this chapter is rough because I kinda rushed it so I'm sorry

The sight in the mirror had left Nova in tears as her breathing picked up. She had her wings outstretched and was staring at the sight in front of her. In the mirror she could clearly see the patch of feathers that was turning black. With shaky hands she quickly ripped the feathers out not caring about the pain. Running to the bathroom she threw them in the toilet before flushing it and falling to the floor while hiding her wings once again.

“This makes no sense, Dad. Why are we being punished?” Lizzie asks after Dad had just told us that we have to do community service.
“Because you started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we really do here.”
“Well you weren't mad last night.” Lizzie tried as we all followed behind dad.
“I was mad last night. My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage. I volunteered everyone in the game, so stop complaining. You're lucky that it's just community service and not actual jail time.” I wasn't sure exactly what happened at the game last night but I know it must have been bad for dad to say that.
“Can I at least offer a rebuttal in my defense, If it pleases the court?” Lizzie asks as we all just stare at where she is standing.
“First of all, I was provoked. My response was totally proportional considering the levels of abuse that I was forced to endure. And secondly if anyone should take the blame, it's Josie.”
“What?” Josie says offended
“Lizzie!” I yell irritated already at my older sister.
“I'm sorry. I totally cracked under pressure. But if you had just let Kaleb catch the ball”
“You’d still be in trouble” Dad interrupts as all three of us look at Lizzie in shock.
“But nice job throwing your sister under the bus” Hope says and I elbow her side.
“Thank you, Hope” I smile a little as Josie says this knowing that if Lizzie wouldn't have gotten in the way that they would have been good friends.
“Speaking of, the bus leaves in ten minutes and I expect all four of you to be on it working together today, harmoniously without drama. End of debate.”
“Nova and I weren’t even at the game. Why are we being punished?” Hope asks
“You know what you did. Nova’s just there to make sure you all get along and don’t break out into anymore fights.” I nod as he says this as Hope just rolls her eyes. “Alright now, go all of you.”
As Lizzie and Josie begin walking away I go to follow them Before noticing that Hope isn’t coming.
“Hope?” I questioned.
“Go on Nova. Hope will be there in a minute.” My dad says. I look over to Hope and she gives me a small smile. Nodding, I hesitantly make my way to the bus where my sister's are.

“Seriously?” Hope questions Dr. Saltzman.
“What part of what I said needs translating?”
“I want to help you with research.”
“Dorian has a masters degree in library science. I think the adults have it covered.”
“That's not fair. You only play by the grown-up rules when you don't need something from me.” Hope gets closer to Alaric now getting very irritated.
“I am spinning right now, Hope. I can’t drag you or anyone else any further into this until I figure out what's going on, Okay? So right now, I need you to be a kid. Keeping a dragon-sized secret today until I get some answers. Also I need you to keep an eye on Nova. Ever since your little show last night she hasn’t seemed the same.” The two just look at each other. “Understood?”

Lizzie, MG, Kaleb and I stand at a window as MG and I scrub the graffiti off of it.
“Come on guys any slower and you might be going in reverse” Lizzie complains as she stands watching us. The three go back and forth for a minute
“It wasn't fair Were supernatural, they're human” MG comments
“Using your powers to win a stupid game is just selfish.” I add
“Were faster, Were stronger, Were better, And we aint got nothing to apologize for. I mean Nova is only here because her dad knows she's the only way to make peace between Lizzie and Hope.” The four of us just look around at each other Knowing that Kalebs words are right.
“Hypothetical question how bad would it suck if whoever did this graffiti just came back tonight and put it right back up again” I roll my eyes at the teens words and grab lizzies hand know that she might have an attack.
“Well whoever it is, i hope he improves his spelling” The three of us laugh at Lizzies words.”
“Hey MG” Dana says cheerfully as she looks at the vampire.
As MG greets Dana Lizzie isn't happy about it and bites at her trying to get on her nerves Thats when the teen from earlier Spills his drink all over Lizzie on Purpose.
“Thats my bad.” He says with not even an ounce of remorse. Without thinking I quickly Grab his finger and twist it backwards until it snaps.
“Ow! You Bitch!” He Yells before walking away.
Lizzie Angrily grabs my hand and drags me away as well.