Chapter 27

"That way!"

After Alton said that they both ran in the direction of where the scream was coming from. That's when they found a small abandoned estate in the woods, the windows was broke and most of the walls was crumbling down. There was Moss and weeds growing from the walls. Alton and Clayton looked at eachother and then looked at the destroyed building.

They made their way in and it was all dark, only small parts of light coming into the building from where the walls was destroyed. And where their was windows in them. they followed the screams down the halls and then down the passageway into the dungeon.

They hid from sight but they had enough room to be able to see into the place. Alton looked devastated and shocked at what he was looking at. There was a boy with white hair like snow and eyes as dark as the night themselves. The things that was shocking Alton was it was a member from the Fox clan. He was chained up and being tortured.

The boy was even crying. Alton saw the people that is torturing him left the room from another door. That's when Alton and Clayton walked out, and stood in front of the boy. The fox clan boy looked up, tears still in his eyes and an angry look filling up in them as he looked at the two in front of him. He looked at them and then looked away. "Your turn to torture me huh?" The boy spoke.

This made Alton even more shocked the way he sounded he was only a young boy. "No, I am just surprised to see a member of the Fox clan. . Yet alone a young boy." Alton said to him. "how old are you?" He asked him after a few seconds of silence.

"Me? I'm sixteen years old. . What's it too you anyway?" The boy said.

Alton gave a small laugh and that made the boy confused with that action. "We're the same age. Why don't I set you free?" Alton said to him.

That's when the fox boy looked at him in shock, he never thought he'd be free, but not even a millisecond later Clayton was freeing the boy. He carried him out of their and managed to make their way into the carriage. And set him down. Alton sat down in front of the boy, who was looking around right now. Alton gave a small smile at him. "my name is Alton Von-Lowther. What's your name?" Alton said to him.

The boy's focus went from out the window to the person in front of him. "Von-Lowther as in the count that is merciless?" The boy asked.

"Yes, but I'm his son." Alton said.

"I thought he had no son." The boy said to him. And looks at Alton carefully. "Though that had to be wrong because you do look like him." The boy said, while looking down. "Unknown." He spoke up.

"Unknown?" Alton asked him.

The Fox boy was just sat there head hung down hair covering his eyes as he did. "That's my name. . My parents abandoned me when I was young and my clan kicked me out because I'm more stronger than any of them so I'm by myself but the only thing they'd called me was 'Unknown' that's it." He said to him.

"So you have no where to go?" Alton asked him. He saw the boy shook his head, signalling he have no where to go at all. Alton looked at the boy and nodded his head. "fine. Clayton when we get back make sure he goes to my old home, go with mom. No one can see him. You can stay there until I get that estate in my name, then you stay with me." Alton said to him.

The boy perked up and looked at Alton shocked as he said that to him. Alton looked at the boy and smiled at him, that made a faint blush appear on the fox boys face and he looked away. He nodded his head and kept it down. "Cody." Alton spoke.

Once again the boy looked at Alton and looked confused as he said that. "there is no way I'll be calling you Unknown. That's stupid, I know what it's like not have a name." Alton started to speak.

"So how about Cody?"

To be continued!