FIVE

"Jona?" Trent and Virgil looked at both Daniele and Jona.

She's very pretty

Daniele and Jona didn't pay no mind to the group of boys. Wanda went over to their table and sat.

"You know, she was so confused when you thought she was Hendo. I'm surprised you didn't know who she was."

"Well the only other person that know is me because Daniele actually likes me." Roberto said loud and proud, there were a couple of groans around the table.

Virgil looked back at the girl. She looks more relaxed now. Less pale and more at ease. She was talking with the manager, Mona, and her father.

She looks happy with her father.

"Hey Virgil, take a picture, it'll last longer." Trent whispered to him. Virgil then proceeded to punch him in his side. Trent let out a loud and dramatic groan. "Don't fucking do that man."

"Well stop saying weird shit like that."

All eyes were on them, Virgil felt uncomfortable for some reason.

"Sorry man."

"Sorry too."

"You two act like brothers." Alisson said and both of the boys rolled their eyes.

Then there was a loud 'ahem'.

"Have some respect you two." They all looked at Daniele. Jona was silently laughing, but loud enough to hear.

"Boys will be boys father." Jona tugged at her father's coat. "Like Mexico all over again."

Everyone at the table was sitting silently, until Virgil got up and start walking to them. Jona tugged at her father's coat again.

"Virgil are you crazy?" Roberto whispered loudly.

"Miss Jona Jimenez, I am Virgil van Dijk. I'm a centre back on this team." Virgil offered his hand to the girl. She shook it, it shook Virgil right in the heart.

"You're giving that energy. Plus you are so fucking tall. I didn't know they make people like that here." She laughed. Eveybody present laughed with her. Virgil blushed of embarrassment.

YOU HAVE TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME

"I am Jona Jimenez, not Jordan, just to clarify. I work along with my father, but times have changed." The group of boys at the table laughed quietly at Trent. Virgil even looked back at Trent to see that he was shaking his head.

"So you weren't lying huh." Jurgen said.

Jona and Virgil were in this intense staring contest. A staring contest he didn't want to lose, a staring contest he wished last forever. He was lost in her eyes. He thought he was under a spell, he couldn't blink, he didn't want to.

Then she blinked and sighed.

"You win this one." She softly said. He blushed. It was so obvious too that she laughed. "You are a weird one huh."

"Hey Virgil, why don't you show my daughter around. I bet she's dying to see the place in full." Daniele pushed Jona towards Virgil more.

"Right this way Miss, I'll show you Melwood."

——————————